Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

1 Ky in the Mac today ….threw out the rod while getting a feed of bait …….was meant to be a surfcasting trip early morning , but the wind was onshore so I drove right past lol …..
    Was drooling watching the sea flatten towards lunchtime , but that SW messed it back up …couldnt be bothered by the time I could exit the river mouth

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

looks like may be a decent day tomorrow lunchtime/when/if this blow goes… :grin:

fisherman24
    Participant

Fished Sumner last night, got 3 rig biggest was 12lb and lost one. My mate got his first rig so he was happy.

Participant

Managed 3 big eles last night,

sevengiller
    Participant

JustFishing. Where did you catch these eles ???

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

my guess is the pines?!

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at Pines last night from 10:30 through to 8am, the fishing was tougher than I had expected with my ownly fish being a big ele caught around 7 this morning..searunner also nailed a nice 10lber, no rig :???: “> first ele of the season so I’m not complaining

Participant

Yep fished pines beach, how do you mean fishing was hard kev was it lack of bites or crabs ? i fished last night from 7pm till 9pm to get mine, damn you did along haul m8 hey atleast you got your 1st ele… well done

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nice fish Kevo.
    Fished Timaru today cought a Greyboy around 5lb. Heaps of crabs getting to the bait before many fish could.

Might head to St andrews tommorow if the sea conditons are ok, Heard there getting Lots of Elephants down there.

PierMaster
    Participant

Fished pier with greg and zac last night. I got 7 rig biggest 16lb, greg got 1 rig 17lb and a kahawai, zac got a seven gill shark and a couple of rig too was pretty windy at first but did die down later on fished from 8pm till 4-30am ish

Duckman
    Participant

ha ha you guys are making me jealous with your fish, haven’t been out as the wife was in hospital, hope to go to ambo beach tonight for a while

yellowfin
    Participant

@justfishing, na just a lack of bites mate..may head out for an evening fish today!!

sevengiller
    Participant

PierMaster. What sort of bait were you using?? as planning to go for a fish on the Pier tommorrow Midday.

PierMaster
    Participant

crabs, plenty of them down there. :)

yellowfin
    Participant

I was fishing at Pines beach last night too, found it hard going just catching one rig, but I haven’t figured out the whole gutter thing yet – is there a gutter all along the beach or only in some places?
    I suspect I was casting too far, but my closer in rod didn’t catch anything, thought I may have bumped into a couple of fish in very shallow water but not sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.