Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    HIPP
    Participant

Nice vidio and fish kev, im heading out to coopers lagoon bout4pm,if the weather holds….heres hoping,done me lawns and garden,im ready for afish now:)

gunnercoops
    Participant

hey birdlings…what is the sea like…apart from wet and cold…out at birdlings today…got the gear in the car so I can shoot out after work

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

very good I may go out for a shot too…in saying that it may blow up..but I dont think so..cheers :grin:

HookLineSinker
    Participant

elmo22

Participant

Fished pines beach last night 7.30-10pm 3 med rig 4 eles

gunnercoops
    Participant

got to Bayleys 4.30ish. to be told the old “ya should have been here earlier” line…seems some good rig and ele’s were caught, plus plenty of school sharks. Then a trawler went by and apparently everything stopped…so I stood in the rain and thunder, and caught two very small dog fish… don’t ya just love fishing!! :)

HIPP
    Participant

Got to coopers lagoon bout 4pm, me and a cobber only caught small dogfish and school sharks all returnd of coarse:(

Weather nice to begin with, with the wind behind us, then a very interesting thing happend, i saw a line in the water coming up the beach from the south headding north with dolphins feeding eitherside, I thought it may have been a work up, As it approached I was ever hopefull somthing would hit my prawn but alass it went by.

So a quick change to a spinner saw me charge off down the beach to catch up to it, a few furios casts later to no avail i trudged back to my cobber for him to inform me the drift had changed to a northerly one from a southerly one. Though not productive it was interesting to see the line of clean water come past us and push up towards Birdlings Flat at such a rate of knots.

Not long after the wind turnd southerley and blew the bejusus out of us and it chopped up quite rough, In the hope this would bring the fish on, we stuck it out in the rain, wind and cold for a bit longer before finally pulling the plug at about 9pm.

One other sole fisherman in abig camper bus caught and realased a skate, other than that a few diferant suzuki vehicles cruising around with whitebait nets etc.

good to see some of you did ok yesterday, guess I didnt get out early enough, thought I best do the lawns first aye, cheers, Hipp

I_TRY
    Participant

I have never tried fishing pines beach. Do you have to wade out or is it deep enough to cast from the beach?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

jeeez so that twas you gunner at bayleys..!!!??..I got down past there rather late too..a huge 18foot seal(thought it was a beached whale)was down further(elephant seal)-maybe it ate all the elles..fishing boat was around two ks offshore..2 greyboys and a tiny male elle was my lot… :grin:– hey hipp it twas a strange day down by the water yesterday…I loved my quad roof!

Hey I-try someone who fishes the pines may enlighten you as to the fishing conditions there..cheers

sevengiller
    Participant

Hi guys do any off you’s know whats been catched latley out at New Brighton Pier?? :wink:

gunnercoops
    Participant

Birdlingsflat  jeeez so that twas you gunner at bayleys..!!!??..

Yep you hooned passed as I was setting up… :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

ahh such concentration as we head to the fishing grounds..should given me the secret forum signal(two thumbs up)shhhh :P actually it may be a good idea..Ive also met heaps who read this but dont come on….or is that the whiskey galore site..oops..

MX Guy
    Participant

pines beach, is that in basically the surf club or is that closer to the north side of the waimac river :???:

yellowfin
    Participant

@ MX Guy, anywhere from the waimak mouth north for 4-5km I call Pines beach mate, although technically it may not be…I suggest you check out last summers latest catches thread to learn more about this spot as quite a lot was posted about fishing there..personally it’s my favourite area and treats me well :P

MX Guy
    Participant

cheers kev:)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.