Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

we are all different and read the natural and not so signs differently thank god!Some people go home when the dolphins arrive..I travel the beach and look for them and stop and fish when I see them..When the fishing boats are there its a good sign there are fish around..and when you are fighting a large frisky fish with an alvey its a tad hard to wind the line on softly…… :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

With an average Alvey surf reel, you might have say 600m on your spool, and most of that will still be on the reel at any given time, kingfish or not. I would’ve thought the line still on the reel would help cushion it from anything being wound on tight when bringing a fish in (unless it was put on too tightly initially).

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

most probably not enough line to cushion it..-he had the pre-disposition often of being inadequate in the line dept..and as I remember my tackle box suffered severe depletion of stock while he was around..hey but thats mates..

Seas quietening down here might be a good evening shot! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Duckman
    Participant

hi guys, well just made some trace floats from the little plastic ball thingy from roll on deodorant containers, {the small ones}, drilled a tiny hole through it then pushed a thin piece of wire through, placed the loop of the wire trace onto that [took off the snap clip} then pulled the wire with trace back through the holes put snap clip back on and there is my floating trace, will keep the bait off the bottom away from crabs, saved myself a few bucks

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

2 elles this eve both male 1 returned 1 kept-on CRAB-cold wind..nother guy down at bayleys caught some red cod..only landed their heads..rest kept being bitten off….lotsa baitfish and large sharks around..get out your LBG gear boys :grin:

elmo22
    Participant

hi miliwolf do you use another name on another fishing web site as i see the two photos of monkey bay and your finger on the other site

elmo22
    Participant

good stuff birdlings flat,will be out fishing after whitebait has finished

Miliwolf
    Participant

elmo22

Duckman
    Participant

When trying to upload photos i get this message, can anyone help please
    Could not upload attachment to ./files/10187_015fc52f2046b2875d5ea6b6964f0427.

yellowfin
    Participant

Some surf casting action from Pines beach yesterday :grin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … CX4mfENfoQ

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Nice rig Kev didya weigh it?good on yer mate..cheers :grin:hey duckman theres an uploading thread around here to guide you through..

Duckman
    Participant

thanks birdlings, yeah got it sorted, just wanted to share a photo of my homemade floaters

Duckman
    Participant

/img]

Duckman
    Participant

yellowfin
    Participant

Good catch Kevin, how far out did you cast? I reckon you’d be a lot better off with crab for bait, we all know that rig prefer it, but also your bait doesn’t end up getting eaten by crabs.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.