Latest catches Spring – 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 944 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Released them both 8)

Miliwolf
    Participant

Photo time :)

Here is the place I was fishing, there is another rock/cliff a similar distance directly behind me.

Duckman
    Participant

ouch, anyway, i miss fishing up there mili, maybe i should move back up lol. prawns, aren’t they a bit expensive to use as bait lol.

yellowfin
    Participant

If I am ever up that way we should hook up.Get it!.I kill me…..lol :lol:

Miliwolf
    Participant

I do not really like fishing Monkey, but it has always produced good numbers of fish.. Probably more productive then a few of my so called “good spots”. The main reason I go there is to get paddle crabs.

Prawns are cheap enough when purchase on special. A packet can last several trips, but crabs are a much better bait for Rig.

fishforpot
    Participant

Socky , sand is our enemy when it comes to reels …… you mightnt see any amongst the stones , but even so – it’s a good habit to get into , putting the reel down handle first ….if you must place the rod on the ground …….

elmo22
    Participant

finger bait thats a new one, looks like that would hurt.

St_Paul
    Participant

Crikey Milli! new form of livebaiting??

Did you get my PM about the inlet mission??

Miliwolf
    Participant

St_Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey fishforpot, you are so right about looking after the reel properly.But killing it early in its life will force me to buy a new and better one.

St_Paul
    Participant

Birdlingsflat

fishforpot
    Participant

Lmao , good point ……

But what happens when youve hooked that once in lifetime fish , and those few grains of sand cause the drag to lock up ? …..bugga

Like I teach the boys at work , it’s the insignificant litlethings that make the difference over time , HABIT ….make it habit and ya dont need to think

yellowfin
    Participant

Hmmm, I wonder if/when the commercial pricks will make it not worthwhile going to Bayleys for a fish.

Sand and saltwater are only a problem if you don’t use alvey reels, worst case scenario you might have to do a 3 minute dis-assemble and re-assemble on the go to get some sand out but not often.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

(fish at Bayleys??)–of course not..theres always a few left for us..I used an alvey for straylining up north for a few years til during a massive kingi fight my mates exploded into a thousand pieces..CRACK!!..poss under the huge wound up line pressure..and maybe there was a crack in the spool..bits of fiberglass in his face..good thing Mike wore glasses…. :geek: :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I went to Bayleys a couple of times around Christmas last year when the commercial boats were out and it was surprisingly dead, even tried some spots up to 1km down the beach. Maybe I picked bad days or something.

Never heard of alveys exploding, but after searching I see that has happened to some people, one recommendation is to wet the line before winding it on, and don’t wind it on too tightly.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 944 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.