latest catches july 2014-may2015

Posted By shark slayer On With 0 Comments

Tagged: 

This topic contains 39 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Allan Burgess 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

smells like fish
    Participant

a break in the wind went out for an hour and hooked up of a few kept 2 for the smoker.

troutfishernz
    Participant

nice fish.
    had to go to Oamaru today so had a look at the Waitaki on then way, limited access but did manage one small searun near the highway bridge.

troutfishernz
    Participant

spent an hour down the local stream this evening, not much action but did managed this nice wee brown around 2.5/3lb :grin:

troutfishernz
    Participant

been down in the catlins for a few days, fishing was pretty slow with mostly small Trout around 2lb although seen plenty of decent sized fish in the clutha but they where tackle shy, called into the Tairei today on the way home and got a big perch close to 4lb and trout around 3.5lb.

troutfishernz
    Participant

called into the canals on the way home from central otago today, Very slow fishing for Salmon didn’t see any caught. few rainbow trout around but mostly small
    got these two both around 2.5lb plus released a handful of slightly smaller ones.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nice brown trout from the mid reaches of the opihi today, 4.5lb

jamie
    Participant

nice,, do you spin or dry fl? i have hve been getting browns on brown tazi devel and softbait but struggleto get anything during the day..l my fish get taken at night and had some good fish latley too..any tricks for day fishing the opihi?

troutfishernz
    Participant

I only spin fish at the moment, mostly use Rapalas in the Brown Trout pattern or storm softplastics. like you I often struggle with fishing the opihi during the day but found overcast days and using smaller lures seems to improve the success rate.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the opihi today, plenty of 1-3lb fish plus a couple around 4lb

Allan Burgess
    Keymaster

Twizel Canals
    Chris Anker with a fine 14lb brown trout hen from Ohau A which Chris released to fight another day. I’ve spent quite a bit of time down at the canals recently fishing and filming. Most of the big fish are being released which is good to see. Click on the picture to enlarge. That was a very nice fish. Solid as and in excellent condition.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members