Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    fishsnatcher
    Participant

Me and my mate troutaholic got a 10lb brown each, and a he also got a 4.5lb sea-run/estuary trout.
    My brownie was a hen and his was a jack.
    All fish were released :)
    Got a few pics but for some reason they wont upload… :( I get this message when i try to upload
    ”Could not upload attachment to ./files/6549_25dd9b5008ba54f042e33d6220a6d25d.”

Edit: Sorry thats 11lbs :D the scales said 5kg which wasn’t 10lbs as I thought…. 2.2lbs to the kg

Jackfish
    Participant

Nice work

on the fly?

Jackfish
    Participant

Could you just post a link to the pics?

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Spin rod, my fly rod is yet to bet sent up from Owaka where I left it :oops: [nor my fly reel which is down in Gore :oops: :oops:]

What do you mean ‘link’ to photos?

Miliwolf
    Participant

So you guys caught 2 10lb+ brown trout?

That is quite impressive. Were they in the estuary or in smaller water upstream?

fishsnatcher
    Participant

In the lower reaches, but upstream not in tidal zone or anything.
    Lol nice to see you added the + mili

Jackfish
    Participant

Here is the pic

Jackfish
    Participant
    Mal
    Participant

Went to the canals at Twizel for the night on tuesday, very windy & the waters were very milky,caught a 5lb salmon on freshwater yabby & that was it,spoke to about 6 other fishermen, none of which had any luck at all.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Very nice size for a landlocked salmon, what sort of condition was it in?

Mal
    Participant

Salmon was in very good condition, have smoked it & it is delicious, bright orange flesh, almost a buttery sort of taste.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Mal, don’t make me drool :grin: , looking forward to going up to tekapo in a few weeks.

Mal
    Participant

I will go back as well, although I would like to wait for the waters to clear a bit & I really dont know how long that will take. We heard some fish splashing at night while we were fishing, they must of been huge..it only lasted for about 2 minutes,but it certainly peaks your interest

gunnercoops
    Participant

went for a night fish on the Waimak the other night, never tried it before, caught nothing…has anyone ealse tried night time trout fishing on rivers?
    Tried by the bridges and then worked downstream someway. Nice night no fish.

St_Paul
    Participant

nice sea runner from the Wairau caught on Wednesday morning on a new whitebait imitation I’ve been working on.
    Finally broke a long trout drought!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.