Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    Yakkaman
    Participant

Here’s a pic of a brownie Dean hooked up on Sunday, shame it wasn’t better conditioned could have been double digits

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Look at the jaw on that thing!
    Nice fish all the same, even though it does look like it’s on its last legs/fins.

Yakkaman
    Participant

fishsnatcher

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Ahhhhhh that explains it

Jackfish
    Participant

That is the ugliest fish I have ever seen

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught even more of the small silver trout on the spinner, in one pond every cast was getting hit by them….

Saw a bunch of flounders in the lower wairau, most of them are only tiny and I did not manage to spot any before they saw me.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Got a 1.3lb mullet on a veltec in the lower reaches of the Owaka on Wednesday, tonnes of the mullet were jumping in the river for some reason, it looked like they were trying to eat dragon flies.

Took me over an hour to realise that the fish were mullet not trout :oops:
    I saw one confirmed trout that had a go at my lure, about 2-3lbs.

Miliwolf
    Participant

trolled the Opawa for 4hrs this afternoon. Caught three mullets on a couple of different kinds of hard body minnows… Thinking of doing a few night missions down there….

Yakkaman
    Participant

Jackfish

Miliwolf
    Participant

Hooked a small brown trout in a swollen Wairau today, tried a pile of hard body minnows but decided to use my favorite weapon which brought success. Trout got off when I gave it slack line in a premature attempt to get my pliers ready….

BobBond00Salmon
    Participant

Yakkaman

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Whats this ‘secret weapon’ Mili?
    I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours 8) :wink:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Orange/black spinner blade from Southtroutlures on trademe. I have not seen them on there for a while :? The Blue/black also works well. Find that they work much better then the fancy veltics, Mepps ect

Both sizes work well, normally favor the bigger size for the extra casting distance. Would post a photo of them when I get around to it.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Well I’ve always found veltecs work great on the occasions I have used them, though at $8-9 it is a rip off, when a black and gold toby is $3.50
    How much did you get them off trademe 4?

Miliwolf
    Participant

I think they were $3 each

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.