Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

caught this big sea runner a week back while fishing for salmon, thought I might as well share.

burkefish
    Participant

a good fish, well done. what weight?

yellowfin
    Participant

burkefish

burkefish
    Participant

know how you feel, I sometimes use 2 different scales – 1spring the other electronic and still not convinced. great fish in great condition.

shark slayer
    Participant

I called it for 9 when I saw the photo…scales are generally very accurate especially a good set..it always annoys ya falling just short of the 10lb mark but 9.5lb searun jack is nothing to be sneezed at…would of been a good scrap..did it stay down low and hold down?

burkefish
    Participant

both sets of scales always agree with each other, but the spring scales use your ‘judgement’ whereas electronic scale don’t give you that chance to say ‘about’!!!!!.

yellowfin
    Participant

It actualy rolled on the surface and went on some big runs just like a salmon. mixed bag of feelings when i first noticed it was a Big Brown.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got this fat 2.5-3lb searun plus big mullet at Rangitata mouth this morning :grin:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went to rangitata this morning, Lagoon was back up with freshwater and no sign of any fish. mouth was almost blocked, called into Orari on the way home and got a 2lb searun.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got a nice silver 3lb Searun just up from the Orari mouth this afternoon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i caught a big brown recently… :)

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went to the Tekapo canal today, Very quiet with nothing much being caught. Only got 1 Salmon around 4lb but was real skinny so went back plus this 3lb rainbow.

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished the canals today, lots of smaller salmon around 2-4lb at ohau C so went to Tekapo and got a few rainbows and browns up to 6lb on globugs.

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished Tekapo canal today, Got half a dozen Salmon around 3lb which were released plus a 6lber and 4.5lber that where kept. Called up by the powerhouse on the way home and got this 8lb brown.

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished the Tekapo canal today. Slow fishing with very light bites and lots of small fish. did managed a decent brown around 9lb which was put back plus a 6lb salmon and 3lb salmon which were kept.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.