Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

tried for a runner tonight..just a couple of perch landed but still early for them were i was trying..thinking about heading to the canals with a mate who is getting into it as we are working down that way…anyone know how much a day licence costs??cheers :)

troutfishernz
    Participant
    shark slayer
    Participant

cheers mate.. :)

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the Opihi Lagoon today, Mouth is partly blocked with shingle so no sign of any searuns :mad: Only manged a 15cm Flounder.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the lower opihi today, First tried about 2km up from the mouth but nothing happening there so went down the mouth and got this 6.5lb Searun on a grey ghost fly under 1/16oz ball sinker. :grin: :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

where is the mouth at is it far from the bank

nice trout btw

troutfishernz
    Participant

If your talking about the bank at the end of Connolly road that you walk along to get down to the mouth its about a 5-10min walk from where the bank meets the shingle to the mouth. Good for Searun Trout down there at the moment as the mouth is wide open to the sea now after being blocked for few weeks.

yellowfin
    Participant

all good hope to get there this week then thought it was too early for the sea run trout but that’s a good fish same as my best from there last year fished allot there last year

gunnercoops
    Participant

Had a wander up the waimak past the motorbike track area this afternoon, a few fishy looking bits of water, but no fish for my efforts. The water is pretty coloured, started on fly switched to rapalas, no joy, good day not to be at work though :)

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got this 3lb Searun from Opihi Mouth today, Pretty skinny but bleeding from the gills so had to keep it.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got a couple of 2.5lb Searuns from Rangitata mouth this afternoon, mate also got one around 1.5lb.

smells like fish
    Participant

just on fishing licences

does the 12 months go from date of purchase or is it a season length ie do you buy at start of fishing season to get best value

Ive always been a sea fisherman but going to try around mouths and esturies as i have a kayak now. :grin:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Its season length from the 1st October. So as you say its better to buy at the start of season to get the best value.

gunnercoops
    Participant

Had a couple of salmon on canals last Friday, then a salmon from be more and two good trout from aviemore on weekend. Heaps of fish cruising the margins in aviemore, water was v clear.

yellowfin
    Participant

I was out in the weekend trying to get some venison for the freezer, instead I came onto a creek with a few big browns. decided to get the flyrod out.

Quite difficult in a 6 foot wide creek with 3.4lb tippet.

Made the weekend without any venison worth while.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.