Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Good fish Jezza. How big is the canal Trout?

yellowfin
    Participant

troutfishernz

yellowfin
    Participant

Awww I wanna see fish but it wont let me.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the glen today,

landed 7, 4 over 2lb.

ducks kept spooking the good fish :(

saw one fish well over 8lb, got nice a close for the parachute cast and he spooked as soon as the flt hit the surface.

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone have any idea why there was 2 dead trout in the Kaikorai Estuary on Friday? They were right by the bridge just out of Waldronville. Its a popular fishing spot so Im wondering whether they could be victims of catch and release or possibly something to do with the fact that the mouth has now opened up and maybe the salt water has stunned them or something?

yellowfin
    Participant

they are more than capabile of dealing with salt, catch and release is possible, but the stream is low, probably died further further up, and washed down with the rain yesterday.

got and 8.5lb brown Saturday near Dunback, and a 4lber.

didnt have a good camera but managed to get a rubbish vid before it was released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adV08whPNmM

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the Mataura for the first time last weekend, here’s some of the action from the first morning http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … dDpa4NL6U0

yellowfin
    Participant

Love the Mataura, its just dawned on me now that i haven’t been there once this season.

Nice Vid Kev.

kaituna ian
    Participant

brilliant video kevo and what a luvly days fishing ,go the black lab is he any good on the ducks

yellowfin
    Participant

No mate, she is scared witless when it comes to birds…great at retrieving sticks though!! :oops:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got this nice sea run from the lower Opihi this afternoon, Just under 2lb. Perfect for tea tonight.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the canals today with dad. I only managed 1 small salmon around 35cm plus lost a bigger one.
    Dad had much better luck catching a 6lb salmon and a 7lb brown trout.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished Lake Tekapo today. Heaps Rainbows around 1-3lb, plus lost Plus lost a bigger one which nearly spooling my 80-100m braid topshot.

[

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished lake Tekapo again today, Got half a dozen rainbows around 1-2lb plus a 2.5lb brown.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the lower Opihi this afternoon. Not a lot around really, Only got a 1.5lb Searun which is currently in the pan for tea :grin:

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.