Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Kev ur a bloody legend! Great stuff

yellowfin
    Participant

kevo85

the plug
    Participant

I’m wondering if Kevo ever misses a fish on the take or spooks one! Makes the rest of us feel like amateurs…
    keep the vids coming. A close up of your pheasant tail would be great if it’s not a top secret version of the old favorite

yellowfin
    Participant

Kind words guys.. :wink:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went for quick fish up at lake Opuha Sth Canterbury this evening and caught this 3.5lb brown :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished The Ahuriri over the weekend, 4 fish on day one, biggest being 4 lb, and 3 today biggest 5lb.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went fishing up to lake Opuha again today, I had one follow in for 3 hours fishing and my mate got a 3lb rainbow.

yellowfin
    Participant

14lb brown out of Otago Harbour, I was after salmon with softbaits, this thing was chasing the mullet around.

the plug
    Participant

That’s a great fish. Trout seem to love soft baits and they’re a great alternative to spinners especially in the tidal sections of rivers. Have had a couple of very successful recent outings on the lower Grey using soft baits. On the first occasion I had fished through a section with a 7g toby and hooked nothing, then picked up 4 on soft baits.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Had a good day on the Opihi river today, First fished at the Opuha Junction and Caught a couple of Small Browns, then Hooked a much bigger fish which Somehow managed to snap my leader :mad: Then Went to Hanging rock and got this 5lb Searun Brown :grin:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went back down the Opihi river today, Lost a couple of fish and caught one tiny fish around 10cm long. on a bad Note I somehow managed to snap a couple of centimeters off the tip of My quantum xtralite rod :evil: think I can repair it though.

yellowfin
    Participant

Not many fish seen today on the Taieri River, lots of people bait fishing along the river, I had to walk 5km down river bofore i found anything.

still managed to land 3 trout and 2 perch.

this fish was in amazing condition.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Never seen anyone bait fishing for trout… Suppose different rivers, different tactics.

I been catching a few in the Awatere, Waiau and Waihopai lately.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

yellowfin
    Participant

I have had an epic few days.

heres some highlights.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.