Latest Catches

Posted By fishsnatcher On With 0 Comments
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    fishsnatcher
    Participant

Fished the Shag river today did a bit of nymphing with a dry indicator but no success, found an incredibly deep hole just before the shag went over some sort of dam structure, got the spin rod out and had a 7-10lb jack brown follow me in snap twice at my super kobra and swirl away just before going over the edge of the dam. :cry:

Clumsy trout missed my lure…

Fished there for another hour but only saw 1 fish around thr 2lb mark on the way back.

Jackfish
    Participant

Went out recently to my secret stream in christchurch.

Caught a 5 3/4 pound brown after about 45 mins repeatedly casting at it and changing my fly. After that I walked futher upstream and caught three 3 pound browns on willow grubs

Great fun in a small stream

Yakkaman
    Participant

I know where your secret stream is a very good spot you can walk for miles did you hook that big one about a km in where the fantails like to hang around?

troutaholic
    Participant

on saterday i got 3 perch and two rainbows bigest 2.5 lbs

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Fished spot x wading up and down about a 6-7km stretch, nice river, plenty of fish, though they are all midgets except for the odd big trout in deep pools.

Plenty of eels.
    Got 4-5 midget trout lost countless more.

My mate ‘Troutaholic’ got a 2.5lb rainbow.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Fished spot x again yesterday, same story as last time plenty of midget browns, I got 3-4 my mate got a few more and I got a 2.5lb rainbow, though we spotted a group of brown trout with 3-4 trout in 6-7lb margin, and a few smaller fish, and naturally I cast my lure and catch the small one!

Big eel nearby too, the smaller fish stayed away but the bigger trout didn’t bat an eyelid. I’ll bring my fly rod next time as spot X is the one of the few places where fly-casting is possible.

It was useless fishing for the rest after I caught that trout as they were all spooked.

Jackfish
    Participant

4.5 pound salmon from the groynes on a wooly bugger

Yakkaman
    Participant

Well done j/fish but you have to stop going to these take a kid fishing days.

They will soon click that you are a pro. :lol:

Jackfish
    Participant

Went out to secret stream X yesterday. Probably saw about 7 fish over 10 pounds.

I managed to catch a 4 and a 5 pounder. But as I was using a 4 weight those fish had me sprinting upstream.

Photo to come

ps. Yakkaman its not that secret stream X I told you about.

Yakkaman
    Participant

You are the secret squirrel xxx :lol: look forward to the pic’s
    is there a meeting at CFFC this week?

Went Lake Pearson Friday night caught one rainbow for the barbie stayed at the baches utilised the big concrete fire/barbie thx to the owners we tied up and took our rubbish with us.

Nothing caught Saturday too much wind to spot fish and even Lyndon was dead.

Jackfish
    Participant

I think the meeting is next week.

We need to go to grassmere, don’t worry I’ll show you how its done 8)

Yakkaman
    Participant

Jacky boy i’ll take you up on that offer,you bike there and i’ll start before you :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Nah always keen to have a fish.

[b:1c5m6dfi]P.S is that a spinning rod behind you in the pic at the kiddies lake :shock: :roll: [/b:1c5m6dfi] :lol:

Feel free to come to our meeting on thursday night.

Jackfish
    Participant

Its not mine dumbass :grin:

Can’t you see the trusty kilwell presentation with the yellow fly line on it closer to me :|

I didn’t think you were that old :D

Yakkaman
    Participant

I’m off to practice double hauling tomorrow since i don’t have a employment currently.

Look out tree’s birds and tip of my rod, damn not another tangle :lol:

[b:145lt9ik]DUMB ASS[/b:145lt9ik] ouch and a n old man thrown in too cheeky bugger you have been hanging out with me toooo long :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miliwolf
    Participant

I need to go trout fishing before the end of the Season :(

Just checked my dairy. I am so tragic, the last trout I have caught on the fly was on opening day. A 6lb brown, also caught a 3.3lb brown that day.

I am going to fly fish two of my favorite rivers before the end of the season and post the results here minus river names :grin: I am also going to catch a fish bigger then 6lb

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members