Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Jezza

yellowfin
    Participant

i might give glowbugs a try this weekend, and i might also try out some gulps, anyone with experiance fishing with burkley gulps in the canal? im interested to know how people are rigging them and what colours/size are working?

yellowfin
    Participant

Jezza

keenfisherman
    Participant

Have a look on the complete anglers hompage at the moment, pics and more videos about the canals.

Mal
    Participant

Thats a great vid, I bet the canals will be picket fence for the next few weeks.Hopefully the fisheries inspectors will be out in force as well

yellowfin
    Participant

looks like the canals are going to be busy this weeked, 3′ gulps and 1/8 jig heads are selling out, lots of talk about the canals at the H&F shop today.

yellowfin
    Participant

my 10lber from Ohau. 10 min fight, not much action.

I made the mistake of taking a far to casual approach with a much bigger and stronger fish. fought like a small salmon at first and as soon as I got a glimpse of it, it smoked the hell out of me, taking about 50 yard of line before rubbing my leader on something. I estimate about 15lb rainbow, but very fit, not a lazy slug like the 10lber.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went to the canals today with my Father and he caught his first Large canal fish, A estimated 20lb Rainbow.
    I caught nothing but had a big take which destroyed my large pink glowbug.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Up to the canals again today, very quiet due to the lack of current so went around to the eastern shore of Lake Tekapo and caught 5 small Trout and lost a good sized Rainbow.

Mal
    Participant

Is there anyway of knowing what time the spillways are going to be open/flowing??

troutfishernz
    Participant

There’s info about the flow of the Tekapo spillway on the Ecan website, Not sure if spill goes down the river or the canal though.

I find if there’s no flow your wasting your time on the canals, well the Tekapo one anyway.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Called into the canals this afternoon on the way home and watched a guy land a very fat 8lb brown. I had a few cast with some new soft plastics but no takes.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a mid-day fish in the Taylor, saw a reasonable number of trout. The recent floods have washed away most of the weed and the river is looking very good. Even same nice gravel sections has been exposed. Caught a couple of feisty sea runs.

baitman
    Participant

PB for me a 9.5lb brown mid river rakaia.
    Awesome looking critter released after some snaps :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

Great fish baitman.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.