Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Good day at the Tekapo canal today, Saw plenty of large fish landed.
    Plus I got this 11lb rainbow :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Good stuff mate thats a real nice fish aye. They fight really good when they are that size.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Its about time I wet those bloody Spanish tied HuHu grubs I’m thinkin’…….. I can be up there faster than a speeding bullet, and the rest of you ha harr!

Mal
    Participant

Pick me up on the way FB!!

troutfishernz
    Participant

Tollbooth1

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Mal

Mal
    Participant

Yep. thats me FB, cant get away this week, but would be mad keen some other time, will stay in touch.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Make sure you do Mal, and you’d need to come past me to get up there, Deb will tell you where we bought.
    I’ll be talking to her and Leeanne today I think so will forward a few browny points.
    Otherwise we are all ready to rip some lips!
    HuHu grub flies, Shrimps, and just got some new stuff in from a recent binge on Ebay!
    Just need to make a time and during the week suits best if you can swing it.

yellowfin
    Participant

i know where im going this weekend :) nice catch.

i have caught several more large ranbows out of Sulivans Dam recently. not very good fights however. last one i got was a fat 6lb rainbow, with no tail…. completely down to the nub. sad to see, these hatchery fish are ugly as hell.

looking forward to the canals this weekend for some healthy, fighting fit fish.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Was out on the Pelorus river today trialling a few lures which I recently got from the states, while fishing a lure which showed potential earlier in the week I hooked the fish below.

<a href="“>
    Brown Trout by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Was quite skinny, with a thick head and neck. Guessed it would have weighed around 6.5lb.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a enjoyable troll today in the lower Wairau. The estuary was dirty, heaps of weed in the water. The tide was flowing out strongly when I headed upstream which resulted in quite a tiring three kilometer paddle to roses overflow. Luckily by the time I reach the river proper clarity was good and I could see the bottom in about two meters. From roses overflow I decided to drift back down with the current casting beside the bank as I went. A few fish attacked my lure, a couple more followed and I even caught a small brown. Quite promising for this time of year.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a quick Kayak after work, the current was flowing strongly so I drifted down flicking my lure beneath the willows. No interest. Trolled back upstream and caught a nice 1.5lb Sea run.

yellowfin
    Participant

Took my little brother down to the canals for a few days fishing earlier in the week and he caught his first brown trout. It weighed 21 pounds. He also got a salmon weighing 12.5 pounds.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got this 23lb Rainbow at the Tekapo canals today.
    Taken on 6lb line with a orange glow bug. Couldn’t fit it into the net :shock:

yellowfin
    Participant

how do you fish your glowbug from spinning gear?

static on the bottom with splitshot? or from a bobber? or some other form of magic?

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.