Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

nice clear pics this time also tom!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Hit the high country lakes on Sunday, nailed 8 from my favourite lake..here’s some action!! ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 9VveGh7IaQ

Miliwolf
    Participant

Been in the upper reaches of a local river having almost to much fun casting cicada’s today… Gear failure resulted in two lost fish :(

First had my drag way to loose so got a massive bird nest when the fish run, got the second fish into the net only to have it half slide out through a massive hole in it :shock: , skillfully got it back in but while thinking of what to do is slipped back out of the hole and broke off :sad:

Best fishing I have had in that river for years, now to buy a new net bag :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

My Awatere adventures on hold for a while I returned to a nearby river, because the river was so low I decided to fish a stretch which requires deep wading (was upto my neck in one spot), not the smartest idea on a 18* day. The fish were still quite hooked on Cicada’s, had two take my fly but due to muppetry on my part I failed to set the hook. The cold was partly to blame for the second fish. Strangely the fish were not holding in their normal haunts.

Had a quick flick in another river on the way home, and when I was not paying attention a fish took my cicada. By the time I realized it was on the bottom spitting out my fly. :lol:

Still a fun day, and I hope to make the most of the last few weeks of Cicada season.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Lots of raises on the Wairau tonight, norwester made the casting fun.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished lake Tekapo today, was windy and choppy. manged one one small Rainbow plus had a good strike that got off.

yellowfin
    Participant

BIT OF A JOKER HUH

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

My guess is when he casts he “plonks” his tackle in the water, most plonkers do….
    at least those we hear about do…..
    until the mods remove his identity from the member list for being a total……plonker.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the Canals today. Lots of small rainbows around got 2 around 1lb.
    Seems to be heaps of small fish in the canals at this time of year. Better winter fishing I think.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Landed a trout last night while fishing for Salmon on a colorado spoon, a bit later Paul got one on a zeddy.

Tonight, saw a couple of nice fish in a very small backwater, might give them a hunt tomorrow. I am hearing fewer and fewer cicadas now :(

Miliwolf
    Participant

Did not catch anything, but got asked for my license today by a ranger. A first in about 6 years of trout fishing :grin:

baitman
    Participant

Lol Ive had a licence every year for the past 32yrs only been asked for it once, 7 years ago underneath the rakaia bridge i saw an old man cleaning a 10lb salmon I said to him thats a great looking fish he said yeah got your licence on you?
    I got busted of twice by salmon while trout fishing before the last fresh came through using veltecs.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a evening spinfish tonight in the estuary, use a orange/gold minnow and had a bit of action. Landed two trout, one tiny and the other about a pound.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught this fellow and a couple of others in a Mountain tarn today. Perfect weather, barely any wind. Only downside, the small tarn had 12+ anglers on it. I got there first 8)

Stuffed the strike up on 4 others, and saw heaps more. Also caught one in the river on the way home. Slipped and hurt my knee when trying to net her.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished lake tekapo today, my Mate got this 2lb rainbow

I had plenty of takes but no hook ups :( .

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.