Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I hope it was only lip hooked mate.

yellowfin
    Participant

An after work trip a few weeks ago..http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 1VLXH78FIk

Anonymous
    Inactive

That was a beauty at the end of the video. What was the biggest you’ve ever caught?

yellowfin
    Participant

A 30lb rainbow mate from the canals… canal fish aside, a 14lber from harts creek 2 seasons ago that took a small nymph during the middle of the day. I’m not lying when I say I had to swim across the stream twice to finally land it..an unbelievable battle that lasted more than an hour lol

baitman
    Participant

What do those canal fish taste like? any different to a trout thats been eating normal food?

yellowfin
    Participant

They taste like bought salmon mate, really good smoked but not overly keen on them baked

baitman
    Participant

kev how long do you get from the yozuri hybrid line ? Does it ast longer than mono?

yellowfin
    Participant

I reckon so baitman, I experimented with a few different lines for up river salmon angling and the yo-zuri was by far the most resistant to bruising etc, but that’s just my opinion and others may differ.

yellowfin
    Participant

12-13lber caught today from the Avon, one of the biggest trout I’ve ever nailed.. :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

“>

baitman
    Participant

Finally got myself a wearable cam it’s a ATC9K by oregan scientific water proof to 20m 1080p full HD. took it for it’s first outing Tuesday arvo to visit a large brown I had seen picking off emergers on Sunday, I tied up some cdc emergers sz16 and went for a look, after scanning the river for 20mins with no luck I grabbed my spinning rod put on a mepps black fury sz3 and went look where he’d been ( I knew he would be under the bank or tree roots). Quite happy with the cam still working on the best way to compress the video to make it user friendly not fussed on the mic (being water proof it sounds a bit funny) imo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1w-boCuIg

baitman
    Participant

Thats a munter kev wish I lived closer to chch :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate, great fish you nailed there, the cam makes fishing even more fun!! :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

your the man kevo.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Damn, thats a nice fish and from the middle of the city. Shame the river is in declining health.

Think I might have to look into getting a wearable camera…

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.