Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished lake Opuha this afternoon.Cought 4.5lb brown plus a landlocked Salmon. :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Great looking brown mate :wink:

yellowfin
    Participant
    lalandi
    Participant

Did you heli in Kevo?

yellowfin
    Participant

A five pound brownie from the stream that runs through my place.It had funny bulging eyes.
    The six pounder was more normal and both were release[“>
    “>
    “>
    *]d (not bleeding)Hehehehe.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

wadda you been feeding those trout???theres only one reason a trouts eyes bulge…… :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Done quite a bit of trout fishing this long weekend, went trolling in a local river Saturday Afternoon. I have never had much success trolling previously, but managed to land a 3lb rainbow which was in poor condition and a energetic 1.5lb searun.

Had no plans for today but found myself checking out the whitebaiters near the mouth, soon had my little spinners out but got nothing. Moved further upstream where I got the fly gear out and landed two browns. One about 2lbs the other a quarter that. Had a few more show interest.

Change gear and rivers again, spotted a little trout feeding in the middle of a massive patch of weed, threw my Rapala at him a few times but the lack of water meant I could not get a good presentation. Back to car and return with my 6wt, drifted a dry then a nymph and hooked him, but between the weed and a tip wrap he managed to break free. Further upstream, saw plenty but hooked none.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey birdlings,maybe his eyes bulged after I tore his gills out.lol.

yellowfin
    Participant

Found a remote spring creek with a handful of nice trout in it yesterday..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L29aJMGC … detailpage

yellowfin
    Participant

wicked video kev and great fish 10 out of 10 well done

yellowfin
    Participant

Another magnificent video Kev, that’ll be the Avon full of anglers for the next few weeks!

yellowfin
    Participant

@fergie..that is the whole idea mate, get people talking about the Avon and the potential it has if looked after. Unfortunately, the stream has degraded rapidly this last 20yrs but with some tlc and the will, it could be rejuvenated. Normally I would never dream of targeting trout in there, but thought it would be something a little different to make a vid or two :)

yellowfin
    Participant

A mate used to go and watch a trout during his lunch break a few years back close to where you got those fish and he reconned it was 8-10lb.The tea kiosk in gardens still has the odd large fish feeding under the ducks.I can remember catching rainbows a bit lower down when just a boy.The acclimatisation society used to release them.And into the Gardens ponds.Used to be shoals of them.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fair enough Kev. If i wasn’t on the other side of the world at the moment i’d probably be down there right now! Keep the videos coming

lalandi
    Participant

I used to enjoy Kerrs reach at night with a woolly Bugger. Or dusk with a 7g gold toby. Hooked a good sized prostitute once.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.