Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hit Coleridge with Peter Langlands yesterday..plenty of fish; here’s the result of a double hookup “>

yellowfin
    Participant

very nice kev they are quite chubby fish youv got there well done

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished Tekapo this morning, Just a small rainbow plus I came home minus 2 lures :x

Seems to have been a lot of small fish cought up there lately.

gunnercoops
    Participant

anyone know if the canals and Benmore etc are still cloudy?

Mal
    Participant

Stayed at Otemetata last weekend, Benmore & Aviemore both very ”milky” still. Did hear of a couple of good fish caught around the Mt Cook salmon farms that same weekend so I am assuming that it was fishable there.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Yes the canals are very milky at the moment. Went up there last weekend and you could bearly see 2-3ft into the water had a fish and all I cought was a small brown, Seems to be heaps of fish around 15-20cm long. Saw one guy hook something big but he lost it.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the canals today,They are reasonably clear now. Cought 2 landlocked Salmon both around 1lb not overly big but very good eating :grin: .

baitman
    Participant

2.5lb brown took my favourite nymph in the rakaia sunday morning
    Full of mayfly

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice one mate..mayfly are prolific at the mo

baitman
    Participant

The river is so clean at the moment! I can’t remember the last time we had a fresh come down and the didymo is really building up, good for sight fishing though.
    Caddis are active too

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished lake Opuha on saterday.
    Cought a 3lb rainbow plus 3 landlocked salmon.

yellowfin
    Participant

A bit of action from yesterday, unfortunately due to technical issues the biggest fish was not filmed :mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oouw1Nx0 … detailpage

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey guys,here’s a bit of action from yesterday.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … OcEeCYsyjg.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice tight little trout stream Kev.Reminded me of Parawa creek in southland with fish
    up to 6lbs diving into thick weed and struggling to get them out.Smaller stream can
    be exciting spots to fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Plenty of fun mate, but also excellent for honing stalking and casting skills. It’s always worth a trip or two a season that’s for sure!!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.