Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Might be heading down to canty in about three weeks, I know next to nothing about high country lake winter fishing, but keen to give it a try. So would Coleridge be the best one to check out?

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up to coleridge the other night, fished with lumos. lots of fish about, caught 9 . The biggest was a 8and1/4 rainbow jack and a hen of 7lbs. All fish where over 4lb except a salmon of 3lbs. The fish this year are in the best nick i have ever seen. Fat and big.
    Darker the night better the fishing imo.

yellowfin
    Participant

I recon its because of the slightly warmer weather, keeping more insects about for long etc

yellowfin
    Participant

Not my latest catch but a write up from one of my mates:

http://riverworkslifestyle.com/2011/06/ … of-purple/

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went up to the Tekapo canal this afternoon and cought nice 2lb rainbow. Also saw a huge trout in the shallows would have been 15lb plus.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a feisty Rainbow in the Pelorus on Saturday, then two browns from Lake argyle today. All on Rapalas 8)

baitman
    Participant

3.5lb Brownie caught on a damsel nymph tied with mono eyes and pheasant tail legs. Spewed up a heap of snails while I was removing the hook ( released less it’s lunch)

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the canals today I cought nothing but my mate Cought a nice 2.5lb rainbow on a worm.

yellowfin
    Participant

A bit of action from today..something a bit different!!..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9UQrm3 … detailpage

Anonymous
    Inactive

your the man kevo,nice water.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Been catching quite a few trout on Rapala’s recently. Also got one on the Fly rod when I took it out for a play.

I am always quite surprised that the float does not scare the trout when fishing with that method. I have tried it a couple of times but back before I knew how to fish nymphs and track trout properly.

baitman
    Participant

3lb brown from the middle of the rakaia sunday.

I have heard people are using those really small rapalas on their fly rods. :shock: Makes sense they have the best action but are hard to cast (I’d rather use a wooly bugger though or a damsel)

Miliwolf
    Participant

baitman

baitman
    Participant

true interesting concept though . Whats next? jigging nymphs under a sliding dry fly (now theres a thought). or casting live baits with a floating line. Gotta love fishing eh!

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the canals this afternoon, Cought a 4lb brown plus a small rainbow.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.