Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Yep i’m with kevin on the winter fishing lower Rakaia is great , maybe we should to a day out :) :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Lake Pearson action from the last day of the season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VkEP-aU … detailpage

baitman
    Participant

above the highway bridge now there is a lot of good water. I usually go on a quad the pylons below teparita rd is a good area as well.
    The problem I have is getting the lure deep enough in the fast water to get these big fish away from the bottom gonna try some casting keel weights up the line from the spinner with braid, going out tomorrow will update tomorrow.
    last weekend before it flooded there was a good mayfly hatch as well I got 2 smallish fish on wee wets .A first for me only because i had no emerger patterns in my box and the old dads favourite was being refused.

yellowfin
    Participant

With 2 friends we went to lake Georgina , fishing from the pontoon , i had a great day 8 fish, 6 miss and 2 unhooked and 3 follow right to the pontoon, nothing to big 4,3lb not bad , not like lake Selfe :grin: :), waiting for the winter season to start hehehe….
    Good action on pearson Kevin difficult lake , hit and miss most of the time when i fish from the pontoon, better action from the bank for me ….

yellowfin
    Participant

Where is a good place to purchase a float tube from. Whats a good brand and about how much do they cost.

Thanks.

It looks like alot of fun. Always good to find a new way to fish. :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Most of my lake fish are in fact taken from the shore mate..float tube is normally last resort, but handy to have all the same…lake slide show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agi0eIcc … rofilepage

yellowfin
    Participant

jean mi i think i saw you guys up their u caught alot more fish than us :lol:

baitman
    Participant

Has anyone here fished the RDR?

yellowfin
    Participant

Great work on the vids Kevo :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers yellowfin :grin: ..I have never fished the RDR mate and I’ve never heard of anybody doing so either!!

yellowfin
    Participant

stringman you were fishing from the bank with a friend ?? yes we had a great day , looking forward the winter … :grin: :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah two teenagers in a red impreza

yellowfin
    Participant

yep i remember you, there were not much activite on the water from the bank , the oter two guy’s , didn’t catch anything, was very slow on the edge of the lake..

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone been up to Lake coleridge area for the winter season? Is it worth going up at this time of year?

baitman
    Participant

I was up there 10 days ago I lost a good 1 (8ish lb) on a booby fly. saw a couple landed around 4lb all rainbows. Fish the river mouths
    plenty there.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.