Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Braved some bitter weather at Lake Lyndon today..damn it was cold..http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Fk1ZgIFBGg

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Kevin,
    Nice fish , yep it was quite cold !!! :shock: , i was fishiong from my pontoon , i had a great day some nice fish…. i keep seeing you fishing around maybe next time i say hello,
    Saw you on Georgina last week and yesterday at Lyndon.
    What do you use to do your video ?
    jm

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey mate,just my panasonic handycam..I’ve attached it to my cap and just wear it on my head,looks strange but works a treat..Lake Selfe action from today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDzgZVG … detailpage

yellowfin
    Participant

I love lake Selfe big big fish up there :grin: :grin: , you had a great day !!!! see you maybe on a water. Good video… i will get one of those…. cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate, the “capcam” makes for a fun day..will see you about no doubt,and do say hi next time :smile:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went up to lake Opuha this morning Cought a couple of small browns around 1lb realesed both of them. Havent seen any of the land locked salmon up there for a while.

yellowfin
    Participant

I was just wonder how the lake was fishing , long i havn’t up there , did fish from the bank or boat ?

troutfishernz
    Participant

Hi I was fishing from the shore on the southern side of the lake using natural bait. The lake is rather low at the moment and the fish some of the fish arent in very good conditon although the 2 I cought today were ok.

baitman
    Participant

Those rainbows are awesome fighters kevo ( lake selfe revisited youtube) I’m so jelous I’ve had the mother inlaw in the house which is enough to make me head out into a southerly photo’s to follow

3.5lb resident

3lb jack

3lb rainbow from below the coleridge powerstation

3lb rainbow from the harper river gobbled my pheasanttail

same fish as above

Full moon rising over the Rakaia

baitman
    Participant

Ive seen some mighty big trout in the rakaia lately, while the water was crystal clear last week I saw atleast six fish in 1 pool that would go 5lb 1 maybe 8lb and a monster that look to be a nearly a metre long at a guess 13+ lb I had follows from all of them out of a deep hole but i think they were just curious of my lure (frustrating) Any ideas?????
    I have tried most types of lures its quite a fast pool not many spinner or flies perform well at that speed.
    The best lures I have found are small zed spinners (7g 12g 17g) the 7g zed need to have a larger hook fitted after dropping a number of good fish I found this essential.
    Any suggestions would be great.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nice fish there baitman. When up to lake Opuha for the last day of the season and cought a nice brown around 2.5lb :grin: .

baitman
    Participant

awesome colouring on that brownie makes the rakaia ones look washed out eh.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Ive often found the more discoloured the water the more colour brown trout tend to have. Lake opuha is quite discoloured (slight brownish colour) compared to most other Canterbury lakes Which suprises me as the rivers that feeds the lake are super clear. Most of the browns ive taken out of Opuha tend to have very good colouring although the colouring on that fish is the best ive seen for awhile.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Spent the afternoon on the Pelorus and did not see a single fish. Got pissed off by a slow driver on the way home which ruined the rest of my day.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey baitman, how far up the rakaia are you fishing?..I love trout fishing that river in winter. In fact, I catch more trout in the rakaia during winter alone, than I do during the whole of the summer season on the other lakes and rivers combined!!..it’s frickin awesome fishing. I tend to catch mine on a 7g black and gold toby or a #16 pheasant tail..nothing else..good fish btw :D

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.