Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

i’ve found some very imformative videos on lake lyndon fishing, (thanks to kevin o,hanlon) and i think i might head up during winter

yellowfin
    Participant

lyndon in the winter time is quite productive!
    i went upthere with kev last winter and the method works really well

mulletman
    Participant

yea, im quite looking forward to it, the begining of winter rite?

yellowfin
    Participant

went for a quick cast in the south branch today for a couple of hours got 4 all round 4 lb awsome condition all came up for cicadas it was fantastic to see

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the Hokitika river while we were over there for Wildfoods, only spent half an hour fishing but hooked 3 fish landed one. Sizes ranging from 20cm to close to 3lb. Was stoked considering all I’ve heard about the lower reaches of the Hokitika is that it wasn’t a good area for sea runs…

mulletman
    Participant

when you were fishing the south branch, were u fishing where it flows into the waimak?

yellowfin
    Participant

yes i walk up from there to the dickies road bridge but fishing a little differant to what other anglers would by fishing under the banks

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mulletman I hope the vids are a help although the glowbugs work best during winter..March at lyndon is absolutely deadly with either a small lumo doll fly or a red fuzzy wuzzy fished along the edges..10+ fish a night is common provided there is NO moon..will be heading out myself when conditions suit!!

mulletman
    Participant

was fishing the styx the other day, and caught 5-6 big mullet on the fly rod, great fun

yellowfin
    Participant

been over the coast went up an exiting river saw a few very toey got one good fish 7 and half then today went up another fantastic west coast river but stags were roaring so ditched the rod didnt see any though but saw a goat was on the run tried to get it for the dog but misd :lol:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Cought a nice rainbow trout out at Lake opuha (South Canterbury) this morning was just under 3lb in good condition. :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Had a day at lake Georgina yesterday, I must say that I’m really dissapointed with the results of Fish and Games stocking programme. There seems to be no limit to the amount of fish thrown into some of our lakes with the result being hundreds of 1lb fish with next to nothing over 2lbs. Please reduce the numbers so the fish can get bigger or perhaps increase the limit bag on lakes such as Georgina,Lyndon and Pearson…the fishing “experience” is really starting to suffer imo :sad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … QS12UfaMRI for yesterdays action.

yellowfin
    Participant

I spent an hour or so on a stream near chch today, here’s some footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ1Ya2HC … rofilepage

baitman
    Participant

good clips kevo. How deep do you think georgina is always look shallow to me but I haven’y fished it much. What are you using to film with? I’ve been looking at some little cams on TM the sort you strap to a bike that take sd camera cards (work in progress)…..
    Heaps of little buggers in that one pool eh could you see them?

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey mate, I could see them at times when they moved in close but normally just blind fishing, Georgina would max out at about 6-7 feet I’d say and most of the time you can easily see the bottom..as for my camera it’s just my panasonic handycam that I have cruedly attached to an old cap.I have also added a chin strap which prevents it from falling off..the whole system works a treat although it looks mighty weird!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.