Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Spent yesterday at one of canterburys many high country lakes,weather was good with a light NW blowing,hooked 8 trout and landed 6 between 3.5 and 7lbs..all but one on the dry<a href="“>

yellowfin
    Participant

<a href="“>

yellowfin
    Participant

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

<a href="“>

baitman
    Participant

nice one kevo those rainbows look in good nik any cicada up there yet?

yellowfin
    Participant

Not really mate,heard the odd one but there wasn’t many,more green beetles than anything!!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a fat 7lb brown in the upper pelorus today, equals my PB. Trout had a bit of damage probably due to the floods. Only saw 4 fish all day, swarms of sand flies and challenging terrain but I still love the place.

yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from the ahuriri tough fishing that flood didnt help to much not many holes to blind fish just long glides but the spot fishing for browns was great but didnt find a heap of bows like previous years only round the mouth

yellowfin
    Participant

Awesome fishing over at Lake Brunner, over the 6 days we caught about 30-50 fish, lost count, between 4 of us. Smallest 3lb, first trout for the 6 year old and largest 6.5lb, also a first trout for my older brother. Prob 20% of the fish caught were over 5lb.

HIPP
    Participant

Great effort Shark_Tale, were you fly,or spin or trolling? Shore or boat based?

I havent fished Brunner for several years and have never had any joy there,be good to know whats working, if you feel like sharing any hot tips:)

Cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

I have found that Rapala countdown brown trout imitation lures are the best to use at Brunner, either trolling or casting from the shore. Have had some success fishing off the breakwater in front of the marina, have even caught them casting into where the boats are parked but be careful of the mooring ropes, dont wanna lose those $20 rapalas!
    Good luck!

Also went to coleridge a couple of weeks ago, only fished for a couple of hours but landed a nice 4lb rainbow and lost 2 others on a rubber rainbow trout lure. Ended up losing the lure though so will definately be going out to replace it with a few more!!

Giller
    Participant

Jbriggs ,how is coleridge at the moment ? we are heading up there this weekend to spin fish in coleridge in the harper end and also try luck in lake self .
    is the lake high or low at the moment ?

any tips to fishing lake self at the moment ? what colour spinner that may assist please ?
    Many thanks
    neil

yellowfin
    Participant

Coleridge is looking good, lake is quite full atm its just been a bit of a bastard to get up there with all these NW’s we’ve been having! You should also try your luck at the Ryton, this is where I saw a few the last time I was up there.

For info on Lake selfe and Georgina have a geez at this link:
    https://fishingmag.co.nz/selfe.htm

HIPP
    Participant

Me and my mate Scrub just back from and evening fish at lake Lyndon, bit breezy at times but flattend off after dark just when the fish were getting busy.

Scrub caught 3 Rainbow,2 keepers around 2.5 and 3lb plus mark and I caught my very first trout on a fly rod, it was an approxamate whopping 100g or so,lol, but its a start I also dropped two others which also felt small.

All good though it was a beaut night up there,cheers Hipp

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.