Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Been streamer fishing again, landed two trout last night in the main river, and another after work today in a small side branch. Wooly buggers and rabbits prove to be quite deadly.

yellowfin
    Participant

HIPP

yellowfin
    Participant

“>

baitman
    Participant

Got this fat as 7lb jack in the selwyn sunday afternoon. Spent about 30mins casting all but the kitchen sink untill his showed intrest in a yellow jacket. I released him ( i know where he lives :grin: )

mulletman
    Participant

went spinning for trout in a small stream a couple of days ago and caught this monster eel of 12lbs

baitman
    Participant

2lb 10 Lake Hood on a hamils killer

Miliwolf
    Participant

Wairau is still swollen and discolored so last night decided to make the effort and fish the Pelorus. The river was remarkably low and clear after the massive flood they had about a week ago. Fished the first run without any success, moved down to the next pond where I hooked three and lost three, although only one felt of decent size. Was thinking the river was to clear for my Wooly Bugger but guess not. Nice to know a decent number of fish seemed to have survived the flood. Would love to fish the Pelorus more often, but normally to disorganise to disinfect my gear so I generally stick with the Wairau..

Miliwolf
    Participant

Friday evening: Pelorus river, had 3 strikes but failed to set hook.

Saturday evening, fished the diversion for a few minutes. Nothing happening. So moved upstream to chase trout. Fished a run but nothing. Changed to spinners, hooked and lost one before giving up for the night.

Sunday: Early afternoon drove to the Rai, caught a nice 4lb rainbow on a cicada fly (my first bow on a fly), stuffed up the strike on several other smaller trout.

In all a pleasant enough weekend, the Pelorus near Havelock is looking cleaner now, so might go for a Snapper fish later in the week.

baitman
    Participant

are there cicada in the trees up there milli ? Ive been waiting for them to turn up down here but i’m yet to see one.

Miliwolf
    Participant

They are everywhere in the native forest, could barely hear due to the racket they were making.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to the Waimak yesterday morning just down from old highway brigde and saw what i thought was a big searun trout chasing fish in the shallows. When i got a bit closer it looked more like a salmon than a trout, i’d say well over 10lb, couldn’t get close enough to tell though (or get a line out far enough :( ) just wondering if this was a monster trout or maybe a confused salmon that was still feeding even though it was in the river or had lost its way out of the main channel and caught up in the shallows… definitely appeared to be chasing bait or silveries though, heading up and down stream and right to the bank in places. ideas?

didn’t catch anything but had a decent searun follow my yellow rabbit right up to the rod tip, frustating.

mulletman
    Participant

i have heard there is a big sea-run hangin around up there

HIPP
    Participant

Fished lyndon last night through change of light till 11pm,

no go on the spin gear, my friend kept about a 2.5lb rainbow, and released another three smaller ones,

all the action after dark, it was very cold, but worth going.,

Cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

HIPP

HIPP
    Participant

yes Sharke_Tale i know of people that have done good this year,fingers crossed it keeps produceing, 3.5lbs avery good fish for there. well done to your nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.