Latest Catches

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Fairly certain I named it several times in this thread already.

Orange/Silver 7g Spin Blade sold by southtroutlures on trademe. Biggest problem is, he has not listed any since February and I have lost two on recent trips.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went out again, using my favorite lure but with a non-favorite colour landed 2 and lost 1 in around 45 minutes of fishing. All small fish. Snagged and lost my spinner shortly after that. Getting very low on them now :cry:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Loads of those spinner lures on T/Me at present, some really nice ones too from a Queenstown trader.
    Search Trout Spinners and have a gander.
    Failing that, PM me (you know where) and I can share a link to a site we source some stuff from where we import other stuff and we may be able to add some “sample purchases” :wink:
    BUT, you will need patience as the ranges available are endless!!!!!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, plenty on Trademe, but the best ones were assembled and sold by the trader called SouthernTroutLures.

The only ones I am seriously considering are these ones 328048757 , slightly more complicated then the generic ones I favor, but the quality (from the image) seems decent enough. Claiming to have Mustad hooks should mean they are better then the generic Chinese ones (They claim to have a “Quantity fit and finish” which sounds great :lol:, suppose that must mean they used multiple finishes.). Slightly heavier then what I normally use but might be a good thing. $5 each is a fair price if the quality is good.

Might even grab a bunch of these (328004301), bit of a gamble but lure construction is simple enough so hopefully they would work. With these cheaper lures I often replace the split rings and sometimes the hook if the quality seems lacking.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

They look the ducks nuts mate, I wouldn’t fret too much about the hooks till you’ve tried them.
    A lot of branded hooks come out of China now anyway and some of them do actually rate fairly well.
    These look a good price tho’.

baitman
    Participant

How do you find those type of lures work on browns/searuns i’ve caught plenty of rainbows with veltecs of any colour but only browns with mepps black fury.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught plenty of brown (including sea run) trout on spin blades. Favorite colours are Orange/gold and Blue/silver but use whatever colour you have confidence in.

There are very good and very bad hooks out of China. By getting ones from a company with a reputation reduces the chance that the hooks are from the very bad end of the spectrum.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Try this site Mili….
    http://lurepartsonline.com/cart.html

They have a heap of stuff!
    We have bought from them before and very good to deal with.

baitman
    Participant

I bought some of those rapala knock offs from lureking on trademe about 6 months ago, i got 14 for bugger all they looked really good but wouldn’t swim very well. After a while i realised that they are not weighted ( they have no keel) they would wiggle fine about 12 times then turn over completely losing their action, any trout following must think wtf??!!
    They are also plastic and hollow while rapala’s are made of balsa. Not all is lost though using a soldering iron i burned a hole between the 1st hook and the bib and inserted 3 split shot then glued over the hole now i have working lures still at a fraction the price of rapalas.
    Keep this in mind if you are goin to get some chinese knock offs. I probably won’t do it again.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Could easily spend several hundred dollars on that site Fishy Bishy.

There are good and bad minnow lures on trademe. Its gambling really, for the price of 1 Rapala you can get 10 good lures or 10 crappy ones. Reading the feedback can sometimes help because buyers sometime leave comments regarding the quality of the lures purchased.

Anyway went trout fishing again this evening, a few days back purchased a bunch of non-popular colours from a shops bargain bin. Also a couple of Yo-Zori Minnows because they are awesome :roll: .

Starting fishing a insanely bright orange Yo-zori, the water is now very clear and after 20 casts had little luck so changed to a brown with black dot Toby. After a few casts hooked up a small sea run which spat the hook, a while later did a rubbish cast which landed in a good spot. Quickly hooked a nice size brown on the retrieve. While past with no more strikes so decided to change to a orange spotted Tassy but no further action.

Mal
    Participant

Fish2

Mal
    Participant

Hmm sorry guys that didnt work did it!IMG_1834IMG_1835

Miliwolf
    Participant

You probably need to include the complete URL between the [/img] tags

HIPP
    Participant

Fished Lake Lyndon last night, from about 7.30 till 10pm,

no go (two hits both dropped and not by me lol) but my cobber had been on Saturday with a friend and got 2 meduim and one reasonable fish(Rainbows), The two smaller ones on a green bladed spinner and the lager on a fly, not sure what thou. light N/W wind dropped away after sundown. Mint night.

Anyone else been there lately, I havent fished there much, any tips would be greatly received,

Cheers, Hipp

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a nice small brown chucking a olive woolly bugger up a small pond inlet this evening. Was basically casting it 4-5m ahead and letting it drift back. Got dark, and broke my fly off before getting to the most fishy part, probably should have made the effort to tie a new one old but lost that opportunity.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.