Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    HIPP
    Participant

hi ya all,
    Just back from the Sounds at the end of the month, no snapper about,but There was plenty of Kahawai,Yellow eyed Mullet, Piper,and an unknowen to me fish that looked a bit like a small Kahawai or maybe some sort of Mackral, dog fish as always, some nice green lipped mussels and rock oysters to eat from low tide, two days of sun two of heavy rain.
    bring on the good weather, looking forward to geting out over spring, summer.
    Ohh and I got anice Rig and a couple of large non wormy Red Cod over in Ross at the end of July,
    Havent been on this site for a while (been hunting over the winter) so ill have to catch up on your posts to see whats been happining.

be lucky, Hipp

Miliwolf
    Participant

Weather forecast looks great for Kaikoura this weekend.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up to Christchurch today for a bit of a look around and over to the Pier. Wind was a bit to much to fish but there was a good amount of people out fishing and the sea was flat as. Apparently there hasn’t been much around since the earthquake and the water was dirty as. Looking at the long range forecast still looks like rain nearly every day so hopefully the weather starts getting better soon, almost felt like summer today in christchurch.

mulletman
    Participant

there was a sign down at waimari saying that you should not go into the water or eat seafood from this area as it has been contaminated with sewage or some s++t like that.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh i woldnt worry about that mulletman its all good … no i think those signs will be down the wole coastline they are saying not to whitebait in the kaiapoi or eat any fish either id say the waimak might possibly be the same

mulletman
    Participant

so it would be alrite to fish there :?:

Participant

Depends if your toilet flushes when you get the shits :)
    http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-storie … ost-quake/

yellowfin
    Participant

mulletboy i wont say yes but i also wont say no. its a risky thing really. im sure you could fish just wouldnt enter the water or posisble not eat any of those sun fish around there. but then again its a risk that you would have to decide

mulletman
    Participant

na i think i might pass on this one. thanks

yellowfin
    Participant

yea im the same as you (never thought id say that)

mulletman
    Participant

lol

fishforpot
    Participant

I heard today it was reported in some paper in the last week , that elephant fish have been caught already ……sounded like cows , possibly Amberly ?

Anyone heard anything ? seems early ….very early for ele’s

mulletman
    Participant

i found 6 ele egg cases at the beach yesterday, there either 4 months late or 2 and half months early

yellowfin
    Participant

Talked with a mate from H&F today, hadnt heard of any eles being caught yet, possibly??

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i saw a few case’s on birdlings a few weeks ago too

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.