Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

I did a heap of research into spud guns …..only illegal if you dont have a firearms license …

The ones that go bang , hairspray LPG or the like , are firearms ….and can reach pressures of 20 PSI …..upper limit

Now compressed air , the only limit is safety ….250 PSI is doable if you use copper piping etc
    The valve to release the air is the expensive bit , harnessing all that power is hard , you gotta release ALL that air instantly ….at half this pressure a spud will likely vapourise

No license needed ….

Check the power of air , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RryMwlrA … re=related

10 lb pumpkins go supersonic ….screw standing in front of one of those

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone seen those RC bait boats on trademe?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Fishing … 328750.htm

Says range is over 300 meters but you wouldn’t want it going out of range and losing it out at sea. Best idea would be to build something similar yourself which would work out a lot cheaper and run a second line attached to the boat so you can pull it back if after it’s out far enough, wouldn’t need to be radio controlled just something that you can turn on.

fishforpot
    Participant

Ive thought of something similar , especially for off baileys during the day …400mtrs is about where the big mama grandaddy schoolies are ….the 100lb models ….
    Be awesome hooking one of those on a rod

yellowfin
    Participant

Got a Penn Senator 9/0 spooled with cheap 80lb braid off trademe that I got over a year ago but never used it. Would be ideal for sending a bait out 500 meters or more depending how much line is on there. If I don’t use it this season it’s going back on trademe where I got it from.

yellowfin
    Participant

LOL yea a cheap way to get it out there.. swim or take it out on a surf board if you own one

yellowfin
    Participant

You’ll swim my baits out for me at birdlings flat then?

yellowfin
    Participant

sure why not zac mate ill arange someone stupid enough to i do have 2 people in mind

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Most of these Bait Boats have a flipper system on them so when the desired area is reached, the tray or hopper is “activated” and the ground bait (UK purpose – coarse fishing) is ejected.

Max load is just 2kg so my guess is that they are only going to travel a very short distance in sea use, carting a hefty sinker for the end of the setline, then add the drag from the trailing line with baits etc.

Remember this: They are designed for freshwater use in ponds for Carp, Tench etc where there are no waves, current, wind etc.
    We looked at them as an alternative prospect for the Torpedo and realistically, they don’t come up to the necessary spec for intended fishbin filling use here.

oldgreyboy
    Participant

i remember making a kontiki raft two bits of shaped 4by twos and some wood to hold it apart made an ugly box for on top put a taz 22 cc hedge trimmer motor in it loade d the prop in water and saw how long it would run on one then two ounces of fuel worked pretty good on calm days too, first time i tried it was at the local botanical gardens duckpond just as well no one was watching it went backwards right hand prop on left hand spin motor lol.

mulletman
    Participant

i paddle a home-made longline out on a surf board go for a good surf the pull in the longline when im finshed :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

mulletman
    Participant

I was fishing at waimari yesterday Nd there was a massive sunfish at the beach :shock:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a few Kahawai and a carpet shark today fishing in Tennyson inlet. Gusty cold wind was not pleasant.

fishforpot
    Participant

Autopsy has shown it choked on a broadbill mulletman

mulletman
    Participant

dont be a dick

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.