Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

i heard there was a big mako sighted of the peir, can anyone back this up?? or has it been caught, its fins removed, and thown back over to bleed and attract other and/or bigger sharks??

yellowfin
    Participant

I highly doubt it for several reasons, the main one being that we’re nearly into july and I don’t think they even get them further out at sea this time of the year cos the waters to cold.

mulletman
    Participant

im sure your right

yellowfin
    Participant

i agree zac im sure your right

mulletman
    Participant

many fish being caught i hear the sharks come in close at night when the waves have been big

yellowfin
    Participant

Only sharks coming in close are dogfish

fishforpot
    Participant

Looks like someone’s forgetting to take their medication again ………oh dear

yellowfin
    Participant

no… i took mine last night…. not this morning though thans for reminding me mate. so has anyone actually been catching anything of late except for you mulletman,, and except a cold

yellowfin
    Participant

Caught a red spiny dogfish and a couple big red cod by pines beach about a week ago

yellowfin
    Participant

in the river mouth? ive caugh a fair few there in the past although have not been out for a couple weeks. maybe next w.e if the weather allows

yellowfin
    Participant

yea mate in the mouth

Miliwolf
    Participant

Should probably get out for a surf fish, but it is not very tempting at this time of year.

Probably would target the outers ounds if I do go. Probably a few Snapper still in the kenepuru but hard fishing at this time of year.

yellowfin
    Participant

got a dece kahawai sat night at pier thats it though

Mal
    Participant

Took my boat off Shag Point midweek, we had a large Mako hanging around us for the best part of an hour, we were sitting about half a kilometer from the shore.We only had cod gear on board so didnt bother trying to hook it, lots of seagulls & mollyhawks sitting on the water obviously didnt feel threatened by the shark.

yellowfin
    Participant

where is shag point?

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.