Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Just occasionally, I’d go fishing more often if there were more decent fish around! Been busted off a few times by what I presume are big skate, other than that, just been catching red cod and dogfish, which is fine with me because I don’t mind eating red cod at all.

yellowfin
    Participant

i know a few people that dont mind red cod lol. appart from the schoolie an the few moki ive got recently all i have got is cod and doggies.. more cod then doggies thank god

yellowfin
    Participant

went out briefly last night for a fish was bloody cold only had about 6 casts and i were sick of it so went home lol. managed to get a couple doggies and 2 red cod although worm infested! wouldnt of minded going for a flounder mission Instead but left my wettie at my place in town as i came to kaiapoi from kaikoura. its not fishing too badly up there atm with a fair few red cod around and a few doggies but no way near as many dogs as cod which too some people is good others may not care. not alot of skate around up there though atm which was a suprise. a few moki but getting legal ones was harder than it used to be! am meant to be heading back up again on tuesday at this stage so may fish next week and will report on how i get on

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Booger

yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from pier. got a few red cod

mulletman
    Participant

got a few big flounder at and around akaroa on the weekend few cod in the net 2

yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from pier. i didnt fish but ma mate chris caught 3 cod and a baby sevengiller

Jacktrout
    Participant

Hey sam, do catch many red cod on flasher rigs, or anyone else for that matter

Though I might chase them with the fly rod when I get back to christchurch

yellowfin
    Participant

yeh ya would get them with flashers but ive only seen and used just normal ledger rig with plain hooks on them baited with ox heart

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have caught Red Cod on non-baited popper flys before. To be fair, the fly was on a ledger rig which also had a baited hook which acted as a burley. I have often intended to target red cod on the fly rod. I suspect a good burley would make the task easier.

Participant

Haven’t seen a red cod in years. Used to get a handful off the akaroa wharf every morning a good 15 years ago but thats about it. Can’t say i’m
    a fan of worms or sea lice. Port underwood seems full of them. Anyone had any luck up there?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Have not been surfcasting for about a month, I consider I am lucky when I fish during winter and not catch a Red Cod.

fishforpot
    Participant

I cant get my lot to eat blue cod ….red cod wouldnt get past the gate …..

Id happily eat it smoked in a fish pie …..its better than dogfish …..just lol ………sooner eat fish from the fish and chip shop ……

Funny how peoples tastes differ , its a shitfight here when we have kahawai …….cooked right its my favourite eating fish

yellowfin
    Participant

Getting my mod hat on for a moment, Ive banned Sam for a week for his previous racial comments. There not welcome here in any context, even if it was a “joke”.

mulletman
    Participant

good on ya

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.