Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Thought they looked bigger in person but I guess all fish seem to look smaller in pics lol. Must’ve been a lot of them around since another guy who didn’t know what he was doing hooked and lost two. Awesome catches though especailly on the sort of gear used. Andrews on a warehouse rod, .45 line and an abu 7000, Sams on I think a daiwa 12ft and warehouse reel he got for $5.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey Zac, what do you mean by he didn`t know what he was doing? What do you do when you hook to something as big as those sharks?

yellowfin
    Participant

and btw, can you eat them or they are best released?

yellowfin
    Participant

I wasn’t there but from what I was told he didn’t know what he was doing. Was using mainline as trace or something like 50lb mono and wouldn’t have a clue what drag is lol They just snapped his line almost instantly cos he didn’t let them run. It’s stupid to even try catch something like that if you don’t think you have at least some chance of landing it and some basic knowledge on how to play a big fish. I would’ve released them but apparently they were quite dead looking when they were landed so both were kept to eat.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea. they were very good fillets. any one wants any let me know and ill flick u a bag or two

reall nice when marinated in lemon juice then battered and cooked like a rig

and we told that guy that lost 2 to let them run but he said in reply “nothings snapping this line” and then snap!

its pretty funny cos the 2nd one that came round he didnt even learn from his mistake the first time

yellowfin
    Participant

heres another pic. . . this one is piermaster holding his up. (dont know how he did). lol

yellowfin
    Participant

What time were they caught?

yellowfin
    Participant

um probly around5pm not sure

yellowfin
    Participant

actualy around 6.45pm was when they were landed probly hooked at 6

just looked at camera with the time i took first pic first pic was on beach straight after i landed mine and camera says 6.52 so yeh

yellowfin
    Participant

farout each time i look at the pics they seem to be getting smaller And smaller lol

andrews 7.12feet and mine 7.57feet

only had a measurer not scales

would be interesting to c their weights

possibly 130-150 lbs

yellowfin
    Participant

Just back from Kaiks, Zac got a pretty decent size sting ray last night, half an hour fight time, he gave it away to Jesus who also told us the Steve Irwin was his best friend!! Aaron a couple nice moki this morning and all i got a large banded wrasse, didn’t take my surf casting gear so had a spin at the beach this morning with out any lucky, Andrew and Sam had caught a few fish by the time I left including 2 skates.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hae all,

was wondering if anyone has any hints as to help keeping pilchard bait on the hooks as it always seems to fall off half way through flight !!!! any suggestions ?????? Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

huntz n fishes nz

yellowfin
    Participant

Congratulations on the blue sharks.
    You blokes are on to it!
    Cheers Yellowfin :grin:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

huntz n fishes nz

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.