Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Quite a bit to report on…

Thursday night fished the grove arm, perfect weather caught a single Kahawai.
    Friday night fished the Kenepuru heads, got there at change of light. Caught three baby eagle rays and a Kahawai before dark. After dark caught a Sting ray. Got up to fish the change of light Saturday morning but caught nothing.

Saturday evening: fished titirangi into the night, caught a few Kahawai during the day and they went crazy at change of light. After dark a steady stream of carpets kept me busy. Fished the beach again this morning, caught a decent size eagle ray but that was it.

Weather was fine all weekend, High tide was around 9pm. No Snapper :(

A few gurnard bodies on the rocks at titirangi, also saw one out snorkeling.

fishforpot
    Participant

Fished Bayleys this afternoon …no tsunamis that we noticed ……….

2 good sized schoolies …..2 rig ……. a lot of smaller schoolies about , almost takable size

Wasnt really prepared bait wide tho , smelly old crabs and soft pilleys …. better bait would have been interesting

yellowfin
    Participant

is anyone going to birdlings this sunday?

if so what part of beach

fishforpot
    Participant

Seriously consider it ….and if I told you Id have to kill you lol

Long range swell forcast doesnt look good tho ……

yellowfin
    Participant

im going friday night at this stage although yet to check swellmap lol

yellowfin
    Participant

lol i know all the spots just wana know where evry1 is lol

and is it ment to be shit?

im goin pier tnyt. zac still there i think

yellowfin
    Participant

nah flag friday 3m ish+ swell so swell map sez

yellowfin
    Participant

Prob be a bit to rough on the sunday for the competition as well.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea had a look today at lunch time quite a big surge there atm doesnt look to flash

yellowfin
    Participant

Stingray from the Pier on Saturday night.

Only a small one but put up the hardest fight I’ve ever had with a fish, maybe just because it was from the Pier. Had about 3 long unstoppable runs with drag as tight as it would go, got it in close a couple times and ran back out, was hoping for a shark of some sort until I saw it. Dunno how long it took to land but would’ve been over half an hour.

yellowfin
    Participant

ive roughly got the time to land zac

it was bout 1hour 15mins

nd theres my legs! ahhh lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Winning fish from birdlings comp today:

I went to interclub competition at South Rakaia, only caught dogfish. Other people got a few skate and schoolies. I was the only entrant in the intermediate group and won a trophy, $7 and a hat for my dogfish.

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah was just over 6ft I think second was a schoolie

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went and fished a point in the Pelerous sounds tonight, parked the car around 6pm then started the tricky walk in. Was halfway to the point when I realised I left the car keys in the passenger door :'(. There was a gentle wind, and a clear sky. Got to the point with time to spare and managed to find suitable locations for the rock spikes. Anchovies was the chosen bait for the day, and the change of light spotties love them, must bring a more durable alternative next time but I was expecting to catch a Kahawai quite quickly for bait but that did not occur. After dark three Snapper were landed, kept two which swallowed my circle hooks, caught a baby stingray.

Fished last half of outgoing tide and around low. Starting to think this tide is more productive then over high. The reason for choosing this tide is so I could access the point and get back again in the dark. Were my first shore based Snapper this Summer :dude: .

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.