Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

i went to coopers lagoon on sat didnt relise ther was a bit of a comp goin on that southerly came threw hard an fast considering how nice it was before it nuffin caught

gunnercoops
    Participant

Just back from a week in Waikawa, did not get as much fishing i as I would have liked, I spent most of the time sorting out the families tangles, hooks etc …anyway it was fun, soooo much better than catching dogfish!!

Fish caught: spotties….millions of them by the kids!…Trevally…which fight great on light gear, and taste good on the BBQ too!..Mao Mao, mullet, Gurnard, loads of KY to about 2kg, a good sized Eagle Ray which was fun..I was told they taste good, but he went back. Went down to Karaka Point but was pretty choppy so didn’t bother, looks like you could lose a heap of gear there. Supposedly last week a kingfish was taken from there…tackle shop talk.

yellowfin
    Participant

I was planning on going back up to Kaikoura once more in february as well but not sure yet as I lost my license on the way home from Kaikoura on friday for doing 148 in a passing lane and that also puts me over my demerit points which means I lose it for 3 months

rdeejay
    Participant

Well that was a big OOPS wasn’t it!

fishforpot
    Participant

At least the road to Kaikoura is now safer to drive on , at least for the next 3 months lol …..

yellowfin
    Participant

I know that feeling, Lost mine returning to chch from the rakaia huts on night. Got hit with 50 demerits for driving after 10pm while on my restricted, was 10.20 in doyleston.

yellowfin
    Participant

Cop set me up I think. Came flying up behind me in his plain black commodore right up my tail as I was passing in the passing lane so I sped up and as I sped up he kept right on my tail but was obviously getting my speed.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I never trust anyone driving a new looking commodore.

Went done to Kaikoura on Sunday, southerly passed through first thing and a cool wind was blowing most of the day. Did no shore fishing but got in for a dive.

St_Paul
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

No I got a Legnum but my chariot will do 170+ in a controlled environment. Also it’s hard to pass a long line of cars that are doing 95 – 100 at exactly the speed limit and I was only going 110 – 120 when the cop came flying up behind me.

fishforpot
    Participant

Last time I checked , it was against the law to overtake a car thats travelling at 100km/hr

yellowfin
    Participant

Well I was stupid but I’ve had it coming for a long time

fishforpot
    Participant

Weve all gone thru that phase , dont sweat it lol …….

wouldnt be so bad if it was at the end of the season huh

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey Zac how did you rig the mullet you were using for barracouta? On the few occasions when I tried live-baiting they didn’t live for long… Should I use smaller hooks?

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.