Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I dunno probably just go to kaikoura cos going to Blenheim or any further and back is gonna cost like $200 petrol

fishforpot
    Participant

Im dying to fish Mangamaunu…..Heard of many snapper off there , where there’s snapper there will be gurnard …….caught 3 at the sawdust pit last year …..carrots that is

Even the small kahawai are awesome eating ……might take the kids up there for a few days over the next 2 weeks …..before im back to work proper

yellowfin
    Participant

Was one nice fat gurnard caught at the kaikoura comp

fishforpot
    Participant

I got 3 there this time last year …..and yeah they are fat …..4 1/2 lb was the biggest …..freaky bloody things , barking inside the chillybin I was using as a seat lol

LeestonSurfcaster
    Participant

Hi all
    Just retruned from an awesome weeks holiday at Port Waikato. Really queit and no cell coverage :grin:
    Excellent fishing with a truck load a kw’s caught and a few trevally’s.
    Took my son out and on his first cast he got 2 big clean kw’s. the hook up was so quick i hadn’t even had time to get the bait onto my first hook.

Got some picture but having trouble uploading them will try again from home.

daren

yellowfin
    Participant

yea andrews goin back up to kaikoura in the next few weeks u shud come up then zac

HIPP
    Participant

fished at coopers lagoon yesterday as I was over that way thought I would check it out as havent been there for years,

didnt have any bait with me!!! so used some gulps…to no avail,

couple of young fellas there caught a few doggies on squid buy the looks,or small schoolies, light on shore breeze but warm and a bit of swell lowish tide.

Thought I might have been in with a chance bieng a new moon day:)…next time aye lol.

Any of you fished there of recent times? any joy?

Cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

me and zac fished pier yesterday

i got pisd off with the swell and weed so i packed up then zac was onto somthing big

by the looks of the hit most probably a big shark but we dont know because the hook pulled as it came to surface

looked like it was pretty big by the way his rod was doubled over

yellowfin
    Participant

forum surfcasting contest

nape nape beach

sunday 24th january

$5.00 per rod

winner takes all

yellowfin
    Participant

Lol doubt anyones gonna go but I guess it can’t be any worse than the last comp

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Went out and caught a rig last night but had little luck netting any crabs, think il just stick to using prawns as they catch all my rig at the moment.

Also spent last weekend camping in the grove arm, tried fishing for snapper but the bait fish were way to pesky and lost gear so blanked on that one. But did manage to catch between me and my daughter alot of mullet for future bait.
    The only thing i did catch on the surfcaster was this massive yellow eyed mullet.

And took the daughter down to local river mouth today to try for a kahawai for the first time, no joy there either and only seen a few get caught out of the three hours we were there. but did manage to hook alot more mullet for futre bait use!

St_Paul
    Participant

Was that down at the diversion? only managed 2 medium size ones on the fly down there today. Huge school hanging about off shore

yellowfin
    Participant

mate it will be packed everyone will be there

and that mullets not that big

fishforpot
    Participant

Its still a nice size mullet ….here in CHCH tho its only an average large one …….the kids have caught many many mullet a good 2 inches longer at the Amberly comp …….

I caught one about 5 yrs ago at Spencers park in surf , was winding in flat stick with a smaller size hunk of squid still on the hook ……being out of bait on a spur of the moment trip out saw me using squid eeewwwww……the crabs had reduced it in size a tad so it wasnt as big as it should have been .
    It got nailed in the back of the last decent size wave …and I thought it was a kahawai seeing as it hit me on the retrieve but a smaller one

Bugger me if it wasnt a mullet ……about 450 long and weighed bang on 1 1/2 pounds …..man was it good eating

Never seen one like it since , probably never will either

HookLineSinker
    Participant

St_Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.