Latest Catches 3

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 849 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

this morning at wamari beach me and two mates caught a elephant fish. but last night over a beer we had an idea. we didnt have a long line but with a surf caster a lure reel and 10 hooks a long line was born. the 10 pound ele smashed the bait in 5 minutes. we paddled it out on a long line. :grin:

rdeejay
    Participant

no need to start a new topic, post merged with latest catches.

elmo22
    Participant

went out to baileys on firday eveing , low tide was 6.00pm started fishing at 7.30 and finished at 9pm had pipi,herring,squid,crayfish,crabs for bait, 3rods out and not a bite, stayed out there in my caravan and was fishing at 5.30am saturday same baits same rods differnt spot some mates got there at 6.30am and fished next to me and wife, 8 rods in water.i left at 10.30am the others stayed till 2pm and NOT ONE BITE 2 trawlers were in very close that you could see a person on board one of them on saturday morning and 2 trawler were there firday night but a bit further out .. very strong winds not nice fishing, saw one ky on firday night caught by other person..sea clam with chop on saturday cause of winds,,worst lot of fishing for a long time not even a bloody dog fish lol

fishforpot
    Participant

A mate was out at spot-Y this morning , only a few rig + 1 ele ….quiet indeed …

Makes you wonder , these commercial guys need shooting …

elmo22
    Participant

is spot x out baileys way. just hanging to get a elephant or rig, only had a few ky during whitebait season at whymac mouth

fishforpot
    Participant

spot x is for goobers who enjoying carrying their shit 500mtrs thru sand hills …..spot y is for lazy fishers , who park in sight of the rods lol ……..
    Both are Baileys way ….but you have to be on first name basis with land owners or risk being shot lol ….

Id hang off chasing the ele’s …..until the wanker commercial boys have caught their annual quote and knocked off till next year ….

Or , get out Spencers park around low tide , first few hours of daylight ….and just before , or as a southerly change comes thru …
    Nothing to do with barometric pressure , its currents …nor wester , the fish drift to sumner …southerly they drift back to amberly ….you want them on the way past …….calm weather sees them spread too much for my liking …

elmo22
    Participant

yep spencer park is good 4 eles i have been fishing there for about 20 odd years i go down toward mack mouth good when see is flat normally were wet suit to wade out

Participant

fished baileys myself with m8 friday night aswell sea was very flat and blue not prefect fishing contions, fished four ours untill dark with three rods for eles, not one bite but bloody beaut night all the same,

elmo22
    Participant

just fishing were u in the green hilux to the right of the track 700mts down

fishforpot
    Participant

add another zero ..and your getting closer to X …..Y is further still ,
    good guess on the colour but todays vehical was red …..Mate went without me ….I was all fished out after the mission up north yesterday

Spot Y is insanely deep ….I cant really fathom why …..its all the same beach , but a 16 foot rod cast 100mtrs and the line sits a foot above sealevel right in the breaking wave ….

Im pretty sure the bigger schoolies prefer the deeper water ..the 70-80lb models …..so am hoping to find them in there nice and close in the coming weeks …..”only found the spot a few months ago “

Ive fished most beaches and none come close to the depth ….not kaikoura , nor pendarves

yellowfin
    Participant

Mods, feel free to remove the above post, just wanted to add my 2c worth. G

PierMaster
    Participant

Agreed!

got 8 rig, 1 ele, and 2 couta at pier last night

yellowfin
    Participant

GMAN2907

fishforpot
    Participant

I hope you put some rig back for next season lol ……

A few days of nor west and the fish seem down the south end of the bay …..I wouldnt fight the current either , shallow water , just drift with it picking up food as I went …

I feel muppetman is just gulable , and being fed all sorts of fantastic stories by fishey bisheys mate running a chch sports store …
    At least his heart is in the right place , and adds some ammusement to what so far has been a fairly quiet start to the season

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Hey you can cut that total crap out too, fishforpot.

[b:edccn1vs]DISCLAIMER![/b:edccn1vs]

[b:edccn1vs]The clown you are referring to is definitely no mate of mine, never has been, isn’t now, and NEVER will be.
    No idea where you got that fantasy stuck in your tooth.

I don’t know if he even has any “mates”, (ever has done, has now or ever will????)[/b:edccn1vs]
    Time to drop back onto topic I think…

In all the years I fished Canterbury before migrating north of the ditch, I have never heard of so many Rig, Ele’s etc caught on other than those affiliated club contest days and even they often produced little.
    There are two factors here that I have identified.
    More keen blokes are fishing waters like Spencer Park, Kaikoura Coast, Marlborough etc, and the second is…. they are happy to share their knowledge and findings on this and other forums. The latter were not around until recent years.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 849 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.