Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    Sevengillz
    Participant

Went down the ways today.Christ it was spiky dog central :roll: Caught heaps of them one after another and just seemed to be a constant stream of them for about 2 hours.I had 2 rods and they were both getting hammered at the same time.It was getting insane so I packed one rod up and then got 2 reds and 2 big female spikys of about 4kg each and headed off.
    I ended up using a whole kg of squid.So it was a busy day but not a good one :mrgreen:

How did you get on down there HLS?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Was it a nice day down there? Was going to go saltworks tonight but the tide was slightly to early. So heading down the sounds instead for a fish.

Sevengillz
    Participant

yeah it was a nice day.Just a slight breeze but the water is a bit off colour and it was picking up when I left

Miliwolf
    Participant

Got sick of Snapper fishing quite quickly, there was lots of crap in the water from recent rainfalls. I find it hard to get into Snapper fishing from the shore :| . Off to Okiwi bay tomorow.

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Ok, 7pm it is. Look forward to meeting some of you. Hopefully we get some rig to! I usually go on the right had side where the last seat is there before the end of the pier bulbs out the way it does. You can see me in my little pic there, sort’ve tall so you know what to look for. Give me a PM if you want my cell so you can txt if we don’t know who we are looking for!

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i wont make it tonight as i have just arrived hom from going under the knife. so maybe next time ill make it

tracknz
    Participant

Ill be down just after 7 Aaron. Shouldnt be hard to work out who is who.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Sevengillz

Miliwolf
    Participant

3:30am Alarm went off.
    3:31am alarm was reset for 4:00am
    4:00am alarm went off and I got up.
    4:30am Had breakfast and was in car.
    4:35am realised I should of gotten fuel last night, should be enough.
    4:50am got into seddon, saw only 5 other cars. Glow of dawn has started
    4:55am realised I forogt to pack my reels last night.
    5:25am got home and went back to bed.

:cry:

That was my early morning drive to seddon and back.

yellowfin
    Participant

Bugger about the reels. I usually have a spare reel or two in the boot just in case one packs up or whatever.

How’d you other guys go at the pier last night?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, After morning tea plan to head into town to get another box or two to store things in the back of my truck. That way my reels can live there permanently. Better check to see if any of the stores are currently on sale.

Have no idea what to do fishing wise today :? :cry:

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Bayleys Beach last night, probably only fished for an hour before a strong southerly change came thru. Caught my first elephant fish, so was pretty rapped with that!! First cast out, then about 2 min later I was hooked up, put up a good fight at first then came in without much more hard work. Was surprised it was an elephant fish as I never had much lucky catching them! Caught on squid and its stomach contents contained shellfish and what looked like crabs.

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

nice catch steve what time were you fishing there? did ya eat him yet

yellowfin
    Participant

Probably was about 8pm when caught, gave him to my mate who I went down with.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Tok my daughter down to the grove arm today with the intention of catching some bait (spotties for shark fishing) but got a surprised catch. Caught 6 trevally all legal size, before today i had never seen them in the flesh so was quite surprised to catch one let alone six. And the girl caught three of them in a row before i could even get my line wet. So was a good day taking the girl down to the jetty for a fish on high tide.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.