Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    tracknz
    Participant

Hi Aaron. Im keen for a fish one night this weekend. Not sure about saturday yet cause its the father in laws b day so will let you know whats going on later in the week.
    Rob

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

I use 20cm of 80lb wire trace, the teeth marks are obvious after each fight. The only time I use nylon trace when fishing the east coast is when targeting Rig (prawn).

Still need to find the Snapper spot and Elephant spot along the coast. A Moki spot would also be great.

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Let us know when you find the snapper spot Milli :D

Sounds good Rob, will hear back from you and hopefully others.

Cheers
    Aaron

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

PierMaster
    Participant

had a good night on the pier on sunday the 23rd started fishing at 7.30 and got home bout 3am ish caught 15 rig, only keeping 3, biggest about 4kg,got a good ele bout 3.5kg, lost a sevengiller and my mate got 2 ele’s both good size one. will be back up there on sat and sun mst prob :P

cheers
    Andrew

Yakkaman
    Participant

Tides are looking good for some fishing give me a some warning i’m only down the road would be keen to meet some of you guys.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Popped down to the beach after work for a few hours yesterday, caught some fish. A big spiny two red cod some small tope some bigger tope and a good 8kg tope which put on a good fight and was a matter of tiring it out before i was able to land it. Even the smaller ones (2-4kg) had a lot of fight in them more so than iv had before even had one jumping out of the water trying to throw the hook. So was a good afternoon fishing considering it was just three hours from leaving home and getting back again.
    High tide 4.50pm
    Fishing time 4.30 – 6pm most the fish caught between 4.40 and 5.30
    Strong gale force norwester had been blowing all day, luckily the spot i was at was flat and sheltered so little wind on the beach.
    Bait: Red cod – squid/spottie
    Spiny – pilchard
    Tope – pilcahard/squid/spottie , red cod(8kg specimen)
    Heres some pics of yesterdays sojournes,
    Heres what greeted me a muddy looking sea the effect of the mud flowing from the awatere river, luckily the water was realitively claen right on the beach.

And heres one of the moderate sized fish that put on a good fight for its size

And heres the 8kg fish, it swirled to the surface as soon as i put pressure on it once it had finished pulling string about 100 metres off the beach, then it came in quite easily intil it reach the breakers and then it took about 10minutes to wear down and eventually allow it to be washed onto the beach and by which time ended up about 200 metres down the beach from my gear.

tracknz
    Participant

Jones Jr.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Has to be Seaview?

Must of been a extra energetic tope for the size to take that amount of line. The one I took maybe 25-50m of line and was on the gravel in less then 5 minutes. But my one swam straight into the breakers once hooked which probably shorten the fight.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Hey Rob and others

High tide is at 6.50pm, what would be best? Arrive 1 hour before high tide (at 5.50pm)? Or do people think an hour before the change of light is more important (Which would be 7.30pm on an outgoing tide).

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

wont be able to make it as i have a friends 21st to go to. also may need an operation of sorts tonight so may not even make it to that lol.

yellowfin
    Participant

On the topic of school sharks. I caught a couple at Wakanui beach the other week, and one put up a REALLY strong fight and took a bit to get in. It wasn’t all THAT big, but it was hooked sort of on the top fin which explains why it put up so much of a fight.

tracknz
    Participant

Jones Jr.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.