Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    PierMaster
    Participant

fished at pier from 6pm till 8pm lots of dogfish but did get a nice kahawai amongst them bout 7.30pm
    makes a change from all the dogfish lately :)
    will put up a photo soonish

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m just waiting for some warmer weather and I might head up to the Pier. Hopefully if there’s the odd Kahawai around there will also be some mullet. Looking at getting a Cast net for catching mullet soon, would be ideal off the Wharf at Timaru.

St_Paul
    Participant

had a quick fish at kaikoura on thursday night, and again on Friday morning. 1 sizeable doggie, and 1medium skate both on squid baits. Sea was flat as.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up to the Pier today, ended up being to rough to fish so didn’t bother getting any rods out. Thought I might try for some mullet in the Avon on the way back, but then decided it probably wouldn’t be worth it and drove home. Bit of a waste of time, but might go up again next weekend or the one after if the weather and conditions are better.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Went to the waimak mouth thought might be some mullet or the random ky, cold and windy dropped some burley still nothing.
    Maybe it is a bit rough at sea fish are feeding further out still.

yellowfin
    Participant

Not sure what all this wind will do to the sea conditions, but from looking on swellmap the conditions at the Pier look calmest friday night/saturday morning. Also looking at birdlings flat on Swellmap, but it looks to get worse on Friday.

yellowfin
    Participant

Ok so this doesnt really count cause I’m in Oz.

but went for a fish today. got a mixed bag. Flathead, whiting, Snapper, Pufferfish, flounder, garfish, a couple of fish we could identify and a crazy skate/shark thing.

Also kept getting these crazy worm/caterpillar type things that had lots of little spines in it. Had to cut them off as the spines were long and tiny and stuck straight into your skin.

Not huge fush but good to catch something different

Mal
    Participant

sounds like a shovel nose shark, are you in Queensland??

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished at the Pier this morning till just after lunch. Caught a few mullet, dogfish, and a couple small schoolies. Didn’t see any Red Cod or Kahawai caught.

Participant

Fished this morning at baileys rd sea was very good abot to good really alot crabs anyway caught 1rig over mtr long and lost 1 but not bad start to season

http://img199.imageshack.us/i/rimg0419o.jpg/

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/rimg0420.jpg/

yellowfin
    Participant

Mal

Miliwolf
    Participant

Thats a nice fish to catch during the winter.

I myself headed down to the big shark beaches, threw out three rods baited with pilchard. Sea was calm and I fished over high tide. I was hoping for a big shark, but caught 5 dogfish instead. I was not surprised. If the good weather continues the good fish might arrive in force earlier then expected.

Got trips planned for French pass and Titirangi over the next few weeks :)

fish on
    Participant

looking at heading to titirangi in a few weeks myself hopefully get onto an early snapper whats the diving like out there will probably take my gear snorkling gear that is have never dived out that way before also looking at heading to hori bay for a look should be good for a kingi or two off the rocks this summer now that road is open again

Miliwolf
    Participant

Never dived myself out that way, but it looks good. Been told quite a few good size butterfish are about, visibility should be good.

Giller
    Participant

Very very nice rig you have there.did it put up a nice fight for you and did you take it on the crab bait ?
    is great to see they have started to come back in to shallow waters now .

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.