Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Well done on the fishing and very well done on the pictures. The sea looks quite flat at Kaikoura. :grin:

PierMaster
    Participant

yeah was really nice weather compared to what chch had.
    Will be going up again on the 5th july and most prob stay the night

yellowfin
    Participant

Oh yeah, I was planning going up that same weekend with my cousin and staying a night or two, so might see you there.

PierMaster
    Participant

yeah sweet ill be heading up early sunday morning staying the night and coming back monday night

u fishing 2mrw ?

yellowfin
    Participant

I could but don’t know where to go. I don’t think it would be any good at any of the local beaches at the moment.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Find a spot with a little foul. Would be heading down to Salty myself in the afternoon hoping to catch a load of crabs. Followed by rigs and other interesting fish :cry:

yellowfin
    Participant

im also heading up in a few wekks as soon as my boss gets back from sydney so ican get my details for my accomidationthat i gett hrough him for 20 bucks a bed shower kitchen etc

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fised salty from just after 2pm to just after 4. Slight breeze, with a average swell. It was low tide. No weed in the water.

Has only squid for bait, was intending to purchase pilchards on my way there but the store did not have any :roll:

Caught no fish, caught nothing in the crab pot :sad:

yellowfin
    Participant

Weather definitely not looking good for the week, and probably rain for the weekend as well.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Still to early to tell IMO.

Westcoast looks awesome Tuesday / Wednesday :(

PierMaster
    Participant

Went to brighton on sat night. Greg got a cod, I just got dogfish :)

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Looks like a pretty healthy cod there Greg.
    Give it till Sept before im out fishing again seriously.

yellowfin
    Participant

Probably be till November till I bother doing any surfcasting around this area. I’m still planning on going over to the west coast, probably haast at some stage. Although I’m not sure when, I don’t want to drive all that way, spend money on petrol, maybe accomidation(Although I’d probably just sleep in the car), and then catch no fish. I did read somewhere that fishing on the west coast over winter is meant to be good though.

Miliwolf
    Participant

When I did my research a few months back, accomodation in and around Haast was extremely expensive. Freedom camping seemed the best option at that time.

I am considering the possibility of flying up to Auckland then taking a ferry across to Great Barrier island… Just gotten the thought today so have done very little planning. Looks like airfares would be around $300 :?

yellowfin
    Participant

Well if I go anywhere, I’d almost certainly just sleep in my car if I was only staying a couple nights. Obviously if you had a small hatchback or something it wouldn’t be possible. But I can fit all my gear, rods, chilly bin, bucket, bags, in my car and still have enough room for two people to sleep, one in front and one in the back.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.