Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    HookLineSinker
    Participant

Just the way it goes, murphys law at work!
    I had a similar occurance little while back when i took daughter to the beach, i was running wire traces on wife and my line, but with the daughters only had a single ledger nylon trace and just droping it over the breakers, well that was the rod that hooked up and paige tried to hold the rod but dad had to grab it quick, i knew then there was no way i was going to land it but i did turn it and get it into the breakers before the enivatble happened it bit off the whole trace. The thing is i was using bigger baits casting out further with the other rods and they werent even touched, just the way it goes sometimes.

yellowfin
    Participant

was there much caught other thanthe ky and mullet? and the schoolie u mentioned? im thinking of maybe going down tonight thats all

yellowfin
    Participant

Not much caught while I was there, but it was fairly rough and loads of sea weed. I’d say there’s still a few rig/schoolies around, and kahawai/herring. If it’s calm enough you could probably put a float out for a baracouta, but I’d say it will still be quite rough. Anyone still planning on heading out to Nape Nape tomorrow?

yellowfin
    Participant

yea should still be rig schoolies and eles round as for ky hate the FU#^ERS

yellowfin
    Participant

Sevengillers still around as well obviously, but are usually around till about March latest.

yellowfin
    Participant

ok

yellowfin
    Participant

Snapper (16lb) from the long line in the sounds over Xmas/New year. One of the smaller ones ;)

Miliwolf
    Participant

long lines are cheating.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

St_Paul
    Participant

I agree with Mili longlines are cheating, would like to see them banned like nets have been.

Miliwolf
    Participant

They are already banned in the Pelorus Sound inside a line from Tawero Point to Opani-Aputa Point and in Kenepuru Sound. Its a start :)

I believe the organization Marlborough Recreational Fishers were the driving force behind that ban. Could be wrong.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Headed down the coast today, to try for a few sevengill sharks.

Fished the incoming tide, weather was mixed with rain arriving around 11:45am. Swell was large. Fished for a couple of hours. Caught nothing, but might of had a red cod on for a while.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Port Underwood on Saturday night. Got a 3.5kg eel (conger?), two red cod, two spiny dogfish, and a clump of mussels.

PierMaster
    Participant

Got 2 rig last night off brighton pier smallish 2kg mark mate got one as well similar size

not long after u left robbie :)

tracknz
    Participant

PierMaster

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.