Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Shark_Tale

PierMaster
    Participant

Fished Brighton pier last night caught 3 rig and a REALLY small 7 gill shark, another mate got 3 rig a couta and a decent schoolie, other mate got 2 rig and decent schoolie

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Wot bait and rig is working well for ya with those Rig? If ya dont mind me asking.

yellowfin
    Participant

im guessing it would be a wet one lol a wild guess of crab and as for the rig im not sure

elmo22
    Participant

hi got back from mokihinui sunday night the first 5 days the seas were great then had a few rougher days. 125 fish were caught over the 10 days the biggest was a ray 48.2kg I won a couple of $50 prizes but the pub got most of that lol. the fishing ended up slowing down to just 5–9 for the last few days. still good fun, fished hard played hard ,good to be at work for a rest, lol

yellowfin
    Participant

yea we stopped off there on our way to karamea saw ur hilux at the camp then stopped off onthe way but didnt see it but saw ya mate (cant remember his name) heading into the kitchen

elmo22
    Participant

yeh me mate said he thought he saw you with some other but you didnt stay

yellowfin
    Participant

yea we were heading home we were so tired so just stopped to tape my mates wing mirror on thatsmnapped during our car crash on new years daywhen the car slipped into a ditch. plus i needed to use the toilet

yellowfin
    Participant

another day at amberley. was very quiet for quite a whuile then my rod got slammed was using crabs so thought here we go a rig turns out it was yet another bloody sting ray. then went quiet again while a pod of dolphins went past no more than 40m off the beach finished off with 4 small kahawai 1 small schoolie and 2 SMALL rig so all in all a crappy day at the beach but no crabs this time thankfully.

yellowfin
    Participant

justr returned from a day at the pier between me and a mate we managed abou 40 mullet and ky and i got a couta someone else hooked a couta but failed to land it

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Went just south of Birdlings this evening, didn’t get anything on my baits out in the water but while spinning with a hex lure I picked up a 2 1/2 foot couta. Not big for a couta but was fun to fight on lighter gear.

Went away to the sounds of course between the 27th Dec and the 3rd Jan, got a gurnard, couta, Kaiwhai, mullet, and a few snapper! Got some pics but waiting for them as on anothers camera. Am looking forward to going after kingfish out of Bank’s Peninsula in around a month or so, or whenever they show up I spose.

Cheers
    Aaron

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went Snapper fishing Saturday evening, fished from 5-8:30pm. Southerly conditions with incoming tide. Few bait fish about. Had a short fight on the rod which broke off.

Went to Kaikoura comp on Sunday, check thread for details.

Spent 50 minutes fishing Shark spot, water dirty, caught nothing.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Poped down to the beach this evening, not a lot happening wife reeled in a red cod that still had a live paddle crab and a baby flounder in its gob and it took my pilchard bait to the greedy begger, it will now become shark bait. apart from that caught the tiniest school shark possible so small they should of still been in the mothers belly :razz: , and a carpet shark.

The swell was massive with the waves running about 30 metres up the beach, as i was packing up hooked up on something large that took a heap of line then managed to turn it but then tangled in a big piece of bull kelp so what ever it was got off, bugger.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a fish in Cloudy Bay this evening, the swell was a good size but the breaks were clean. There was no wind.

Fished raw prawn, garfish and whole crab and caught nothing. Fished from 8-9:30 pm.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just back from the Pier. Fished from about 6.30 till 11.30. Caught the usual herring/kahawai. Quite a big swell and a lot of sea weed around. I wound in my herring trace and put my small rod away, then decided to get it out again after another guy caught a good school shark. Not long after casting it out I saw the rod bent over the rail and line screaming off the reel, I knew it had to be a sevengiller, but with the state of the line on it I knew I wouldn’t land it, I couldn’t stop it and it nearly had me spooled, so I tightened the drag a bit and the line snapped. Bit annoying since my other rod right beside it was just freshly spooled with 35lb line and had a heavy mono/wire trace on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.