Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

I remember reading in the press or marlb express that they are going to replace the entire wharf.

found it
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/marlboroughexpress/4562933a6523.html

Was suppose to be finished by now but they have barely started :roll:

yellowfin
    Participant

Just got back from another trip to the sounds.

Bit quiet on the fish front but that can be expected at this time of the year with all the people down there.

Went to Kenepuru the first 2 nights. Got a few small kahawai, rays, trevally, and snapper. Then headed out to titirangi for an afternoon. Fished the outgoing tide, Got gurnard, rays, snapper, trevally, blue cod, and speared a stargazer.
    And went over to robinhood bay yesterday for a snorkel, seen alot of wrasse, bluecod, and quite a few tarakihi. Got a feed of paua too :D

Will hopefully make another couple of trips up there over the next few months.. still after a Kingi :twisted:

yellowfin
    Participant

just got back from karamea. sea was rather rough but managed to get a average doggie a small snapper and a few tope. also inthe lagoon managed to get 1 flounder 23 kaiwhai and a few mullet. also hooked a good sea run trout in westport on the way oveer. stopped for a few nights just outa reefton onthe way got a few small trout and 3 eels

fishsnatcher
    Participant

went down to the Dunedin wharf for a salmon fish, left a rod out there with small whole fresh mullet on a float, got nothing, not even a bite, while I left that out there i tried to get a decent blue cod for tea, but got about 20-30 small blue cod, plus a 5 or 6 midget tarakihi, and a few bullies, the day before I saw a crayfish caught on a rod and line with chicken for bait. :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

forgot to add while i was in karamea in the pub went to walk back to my seat and had someone cut me off like they were going to walk out the door so i stood there to let them pass and this person idnt move i was thinking wtf is this guy doing then he said my name the fiery ginga. i thought i had a stalker but it turned out to be sevengil so thought that was random.

yellowfin
    Participant

Lol.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Lmao.I didnt know who had to give way at the door lol :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i was giving way too you lolo. Anyway justgot back from a terrible fish at amberly. far too many crabs around but when the crabs didnt get the bait i got a kahawai a small tope 2 sting rays a skate and a big crab managed to hook itself beautiful day down there though flat as sea as well. might head to birdlings tomorrow with a mate whos trying to start fishing

yellowfin
    Participant

just got backfrom fishing birdlings what a sho0cking time it was. one kahawai and a small school shark. hooked something decent at one point but it bit my hook off

Miliwolf
    Participant

Did any of you guys over in Karamea remember my advice and tried one of the venison pies from that small shop?

One of the best pies I ever had and I am not normally a fan of venison. Their mince pies were rather average.

yellowfin
    Participant

Amberly beach this saturday for the fishing comp. If any one else is interested, Ill be heading up for the day weather permitting.

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhh u mean sunday steve o i think dont u the 11th? im heading to amberley again 2morrow according to swell map its going to be about .2m swell so hope i dont get crabs again lolthe next few days the sea looks rather good but sunday the swell will pick up with the SE wind aand is goingto be 1m at this point lol think that maybe why we hav been catching alot of crabs and no rig etc the sea has been to calm??? dunno just a thought for you guys to ponder. will be heading out for a surfcast most days this week try get as much in as i can before work starts next tuesday. might head back to birdlings on thursday or friday dunno yet

Miliwolf
    Participant

If its on the 11th it would clash with the Kaikoura one.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea its on sundaythe 11th

HookLineSinker
    Participant

yea thought it was strange myself but both the lions clubs are holding surfcasting competions on the same day sunday the 11th, one at kk and the other at amberly.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.