Latest Catches 2

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 861 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

heres a question that im sure someone will be able to answer. why are some eles that are caught like just silver where as some seem to have blotches on them and then some are a more green tinge with blobs on them is that a different sex? or a different breed like red cod and bastard red cod that look the same just different colour really

elmo22
    Participant

went to spencer park and went down the beach but the sea was dirty and a but rough and it was not nwest there more like a northery so came home thats the only thing wrong with fishing there you dont get the condition very much that you can fish in the bloody easterly stuffs it most of the time

yellowfin
    Participant

yea its west north west here atm

Yakkaman
    Participant

has anyone caught moki on a line around taylors mistake?
    as i believe there must be plenty of them and butter fish amongst the kelp especially boulder bay.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went out last night for a surfcast, southerly came up earlier than I thought it would. Still stayed a couple hours then went home empty handed.

yellowfin
    Participant

Popped out this morning for a cast. Wind wasnt to bad but the sea was very dirty with alot of crap floating in it. So just came home

Miliwolf
    Participant

Been down the coast for a few hours this morning (8:45am-1:45pm), High tide around 12. Sea was calm with a small chop developing then easeing caused by a gentle sea breeze.

On fresh KY I caught two large tope Sharks, they were much fatter then my previous ones. They were Bronze in colour which confused me for a while. Once I got home I realised I was wearing my amber sun glasses which would of been the cause of the bronze colour.

I caught two Doggies (one fairly large) on trevally. All of the action was on the incoming tide.

Half Moon.

Surface temp seems to be gone from swellmap :(

PierMaster
    Participant

anyone thinking of goin rig hunting at brighton tonight? :P

Miliwolf
    Participant

I might go to the pier next weekend (is the tide any good then ?), thinking of heading down to Christchurch. But if I do have time to go fishing I would probably be chasing Elephant fish.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Been down at a salty location this evening, over the low to incoming tide, caught a couple more rig 2 and 4kg, a medium tope 5kg and a red cod. Also netted some crabs for bait.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Was tempted to visit salty tonight, but decided one trip was enough. Good to see that a constant stream of rig are now getting caught. What kind of crab net do you use?

PierMaster
    Participant

Had a decent night at brighton pier again….. lol
    Got 13 rig biggest bout 6kg, 3 schoolies bout 4kg, 2 elephant fish and 4 small kahawai
    fished from 7.20pm – 3.20am

my mate also got a stingray as well

will put some photos up when i upload thm to my computer

yellowfin
    Participant

Went for a fish at amberley this morning. wind was cold fromthe ne but the sea was rather calm. was using pillie for bait and had beenthere for about half an hour when my rod seemed to get ratherlarge bites then something hooked. after about 2min i had a nice 4.5kg elephant fish up on the beach beside me. about a hour later i was using prawns for bait and again my rod went and after a slightly longer time i had a nice 3kg rig bside me. the sea had started to get abit of chop on by then .so a hour ish passed and nothing happened when i decided i may head down the beach to chat to another guy fishing. got about 20m away from my rod looked back and got some small bites so thought id walk back then bang my rod fell over and started to head wext so i ran to it managing to grab it i then knew i had something decemnt on (well for amberley) and the other few peeps fishing near by came down too see hat happend hen after a brief fight i had a nice 6kg rig on the beach. which the others around were highly impressed with. so all in all for a 3 hour morning i guess i cant complain

yellowfin
    Participant

was using raw prawns to get rig the contest at amberly is on january the 11th

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice going Greg! looking at getting out at least a couple of times before the weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 861 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.