kite fishing

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

Another tip – watch the torpedo guys , they only go half the distance you’re likely to go with your kite ….the fish are only half a click out off the beach during the day , not the entire spool ….

rdeejay
    Participant

fishforpot i remember when i was fishing with you one time you mentioned something about sending a balloon out, hopefully getting out where it needed to be then shooting the sucka with yer gun lol.

fishforpot
    Participant

1/2 a click ….being 500mtrs …. still thinking about that balloon idea lol ……

yellowfin
    Participant

Here is a way of keeping your kite long-line up on the surface and hopefully avoid snagging over fowl bottom. These net floats were given to me by a mate. They work quite well but you need one about every ten metres. The idea is to have a sacrificial link connecting a long dropper line. That way should your hooks get caught on the bottom you only loose the long dropper line. You really only start to run into problems when you try fishing in unfamiliar areas. In your home waters you generally know where the reefs are!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.