king fish around christchurch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

i heard there are king fish being caught all around christchurch. can anyone back this up :?: :?: :?:

fisho
    Participant

Yes mainly in the water though. Good size fish turing up and been caught this year. Again so far most of them have been caught in or near the water.

Pink/White and silver/yellow 100 – 150gm jigs working best.

Good luck…..

fishforpot
    Participant

a mate of mine got reefed at black rock by one last week …..

yellowfin
    Participant

mulletman

rdeejay
    Participant

Shark_Tale

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone know how long they’re likely to be around close to shore and this far south? I wouldn’t think they’d be around for much longer

yellowfin
    Participant

I would think they will stick around at least until end of March maybe longer.

yellowfin
    Participant

Leaves time for a few more trips to Kaikoura then, maybe there would be some around the wharf or further out. Could always send a balloon out off the wharf or beach in the right conditions with a live kahawai then I’ve got a chance at a kingfish or a blue or other shark. Still would like to catch a blue shark, thresher shark, kingfish, seven giller over 8 foot and a stingray over 150kg from land in the south island.

mulletman
    Participant

caught a blue shark 1.5 meters long out in the groper hole after trying for kinges but only getting barrcotas :x :)

yellowfin
    Participant

mulletman

yellowfin
    Participant

Was most likely at a place called his imagination

mulletman
    Participant

we tried to catch some kingis but after 2 hours and only barracoutas, we tried bottom bouncing for groper and cod when, half a dozen blue sharks came around so the shark hook was on and bang a 1.5 meter blue shark 8)

yellowfin
    Participant

why didnt you catch all 6 of them then mulletboy?

yellowfin
    Participant

Mulletman sent me a pic of his shark he caught!!

rdeejay
    Participant

bwahahaa dont ya just love it as we as moderators can take this piss and well you know….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.