Kaikouria Surfcasting compeition.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Sevengillz
    Participant

nah niether,havnt found anything in the paper. If I remember rightly its held on sundays? oh well Ill just have to roll down early and have a look.The marine forecast isnt looking to promising.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Kaikoura surfcasting comp,Jan 13th 9am-3pm $15 entry and its held off beach road apparently you turn left at Henrys liqour store and head to end of the street.

Now this is all the info I could get from the lions secretary so im wondering just how well organised it is.

As for the $15 entry,they couldnt tell me wether that was per adult,spectator,child or what have you nor how many rods you can fish.

Theres no further info on the lions website nor the Kaikoura info or any public notices in the paper so who knows.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I did find the contact details for the president (or something) of the Kaikouria Lion club but never got around to contacting him.

My new rod turned up today, So I am fully armed again. Hope that using two rods at a time is allowed.

yellowfin
    Participant

It’s a shame that the competition is fishing the outgoing tide and there’s no information on it. I think I’ll give it a miss this year, but will

Miliwolf
    Participant

Everyone would be fishing the outgoing tide so it is a fairly equal playing field in that regards.

Hopefully a few interesting fish would be caught. Have not decided on my bait selection, thinking of trying more ‘exotic baits’ which hopefully would not be widely used.

The wind and wave height look to be decent tomorrow. I wonder how many people would enter.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Spending the night making IMPS. fun…..

did they deliberately design them to be nearly impossible to use?

yellowfin
    Participant

tried to fish the railway station yesterday but the ne made the sea a lil rough

Sevengillz
    Participant

Miliwolf

yellowfin
    Participant

I don’t have my boys tomorrow so I’ll go to Kaikoura anyway, might see you there. I’ll probably head home about 10pm if the fishing is good enough.

yellowfin
    Participant

10pm???? lol aaron and i were fishing from 11am till like 3am lol

Sevengillz
    Participant

Was it a fairly strong nor-east?

That mite explain why it was so rough up here today considering it was near a nor-east swell.It was blowin nor-west here all day which normally works in our favour.Obviously had a good blow about the sea area Cook the last cupla days and 1 days nor-west wasnt enough to settle it……….maybe,thats my theory :?

yellowfin
    Participant

yea it was kinda strong but nearly died completely about 11pm-12am ish

yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just got back from the comp.

It was hot and the fishing was very slow. I believe the winning fish was a shark and a couple of eels also rated highly. I caught a small mullet which got used for bait and a wrasse.

yellowfin
    Participant

so guys who entered and who caught anything? what did ya catch?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.