Kaikoura Surfcasting Contest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Whose thinking of going?

“>

So its a Sunday, I am certain someone would correct me but I think fishing starts sometime around 8am and goes to mid afternoon. From memory the last time I fished it registration was near the Hunting and Fishing shop.

Think It would be fishing the outgoing tide, according to the Niwa forecaster high tide being at 8:30am. From past experiences outgoing tide is harder fishing so the death pile should not be as large as in same years.

fishforpot
    Participant

The organisers were told that Amberly’s contest was the 5th back in June or July ….

Initially I wasnt impressed with the apparant lack of coordination , but after finding out the above fact , and giving it some thought , I figure out of principle I will fish Amberly if I fish any contests this time around …..outgoing tide is the same for everyone afterall ..

The burley dispensed a few hundred yards offshore before the comp starts is pretty daft tho ….

Lets hope the weather plays it’s part

PierMaster
    Participant

Yip I will be at kaikoura

Miliwolf
    Participant

I like outgoing tide for the comp, makes the fishing harder…

Although with the way the Kahawai have been schooling this year, chances are there could be hundreds entered.

PierMaster
    Participant

Outgoing was fishing well up there a few weeks ago for gurnard and school sharks, missed it last year after about 8 years in a row

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.