Jacksons Bay Southern West Coast

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    HIPP
    Participant

Hi All,

Im off over easter to Jacksons Bay hunting and fishing:)

I have never stopped any length of time in that area and I have all my licences and doc permits good to go for the area for all sorts of fishing and hunting,

Any tips on the wheres and hows would be greatly apreciated, either way I will report in latest catches on my return.

Many Thanks, Hipp

St_Paul
    Participant

The jacksons bay wharf used to be a great spot. Cod and Pup grouper off the end. That was a while ago now. not sure if you can still fish from it or not.

HIPP
    Participant

Well that sounds encourageing St_Paul, thank you,

When you say a while ago…? 5,10, 20years? I have heard from a friend that it is still ok to fish there.

cheers, hipp

elmo22
    Participant

good luck hipp hope you get some thing either fishing or hunting have a good time any way

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks for that elmo22, hope to get something and bound to have a good time anyway for sure, Cheers, Hipp

Miliwolf
    Participant

I been hoping to get down there for a while, but have never been prepared to put the effort in… Would be keen to hear how you get on.

HIPP
    Participant

Will keep you posted miliwolf,cheers, Hipp

St_Paul
    Participant

about 15 years ago was the last time I was down there. Hope you have a good trip. looking forward to the report!

yellowfin
    Participant

Bruce bay ,not far away is good surfcasting.Mid march a couple of years ago got three fish with three casts.A big rig,a big kawhai and a 5lb snapper.Several grey boys as well.
    A hundred mtrs north of the river at south end of bay.Fish two hrs before high tide any time of day.Squid did all the damage.

HIPP
    Participant

well St_Paul, hopefully in 15 years it hasnt changed too much, its abit out of the way down there so hopfully its still overfished,

Thanks for the heads up Socky, I will investigate there for sure, Snapper from the beach sounds encourageing though its a month later than when you were there but very encourageing and on squid off all things, sounds very good.

Thanks for the continuing suggestions and I will look in again before I go towards the end of the week,

cheers, Hipp

oldgreyboy
    Participant

about three hundred metres south of hannahs clearing there is a gate on the right hand side used to be the rubiish tip there is a nice hole south of that on the beach with some really nice big fish rig and greyboys etc

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks, oldgreyboy, I will try to check it out, Thank you, Cheers, Hipp

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.