I lost my other account

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I went to log on today and found my account isn’t working. All posts by me and most other members now have guest under their username. I have emailed Yellowfin about this but I don’t know what could have happened.

I suppose all members will have to rejoin. The only thing that annoys me is that I lost my post count.

yellowfin
    Participant

same with me

yellowfin
    Participant

I know that it is possible to restore the forum if yellowfin has a backup, but I don’t think he would have a recent backup so if he did restore it all recent posts will be lost. I have emailed yellowfin so I hope he will be online soon to see what happened

yellowfin
    Participant

I see that all the spam accounts are still on the member list along with a couple of legit members, so I don’t know what has happened. Maybe an issue with the forum database. I know it is possible for yellowfin to restore post counts to members so after that is done everything should be back to normal. It’s just good we didn’t loose the actual posts

yellowfin
    Participant

seems to be

yellowfin
    Participant

I see yellowfin is online now. Do you know how to change the post counts back? I can post the SQL command here if you want.

yellowfin
    Participant

seems weird i was only on in my own account like a hour or 2 ago

then its all gone

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah. It was about 6 I think I tried to log on and it didn’t work. Then I saw that all the posts said guests under the username and all post counts were gone

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i know dont really know why that would happen unless someone had cracked into yellowfins system??

yellowfin
    Participant

That could have happened. But I don’t think there are many or

yellowfin
    Participant

ok

yellowfin
    Participant

I know search.php is vulnerable to SQL injection and admin password could be obtained by doing that

yellowfin
    Participant

dont think yellowfin even knows whats going on

yellowfin
    Participant

Maybe not since he has posted here

yellowfin
    Participant

Yellowfin emailed me saying he does have a backup from monday and will be restoring it soon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.