How good should a cast be.

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Ok quick one here. I here the best method for casting is from the side. Can you confirm this. Oh and how far would be a good cast? 20m 30m ? Oh and has anyone fished around Cass bay on banks pennisula?:dude:

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi,

Casting from the side is fine so long as you don’t have anyone else standing near you; in which case it is dangerous.

You can get so used to casting from the side that it feels odd when you start casting directly over your head. I doubt you would get any more distance casting other than directly over your head.

Many surfcasters will tell you that they can cast 100 metres or more.

yellowfin
    Participant

Ahh thanks once more yellowfin. Another very thorough answer. I will investigate this guide book and see what I can achieve. Hopefully this will not entale me hooking the back of my head as I attempt to cast.

There seemed very few places you could fish from land around the lyttleton bays. The kelp seems to cling to almost all of the coast.

Oh and what should you do when you catch a stingray? Hate to turn into the nest Steve Urwin.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hello again shadow_matrix,

have a look at this site:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members