Home exchange – Fernie, British Columbia, Canada

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

An avid, Canadian fly fisherman and his family are looking for a home exchange…

We have a timber-frame, 3 bedroom house, which is located on a small acreage in [b:36k6wrmj]Fernie, British Columbia, Canada [/b:36k6wrmj](the southern tip of the Canadian Rockies).

In summer we have incredible dry fly fishing for native Westslope Cutthroat Trout and Bulltrout, as well as World Class mountain biking, hiking, golf etc. etc. I could include a fully rigged raft for drift fishing and a solid ‘orientation’ on our local fisheries (I had a guiding business for 10 years). A vehicle exchange could also be a possibility.

In winter, we have some of the absolute best powder skiing in Canada.

Fernie is a great place to base yourself for a tour of “the Rockies’.

In return, we’re looking for a home in NZ for the last [b:36k6wrmj]2-3 weeks in December[/b:36k6wrmj]. Ideally, it would be close to the ocean so I can get some new (saltwater) fly fishing experiences and my family can enjoy some beach life. Surfing options and freshwater fly fishing would also be a plus. We’ve been looking at the East side of your North Island, but would certainly be open to other options.

[b:36k6wrmj]We are open to non-simultaneous exchanges, so your stay could be this year (think white Christmas) or in the future. [/b:36k6wrmj]

If you’re interested, our home exchange listing is here:

http://www.homeforexchange.com/Canada/B … onsim.html

I can also be contacted directly through this forum.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

Russ

yellowfin
    Participant

Found a home exchange with a family in Matakana.

Thanks to all for getting in touch and for all of the help I’ve received from this forum.

Cheers,

Russ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.